oldham v oxford 66

Just watching the above match on dvd. I was wondering if anybody who posts on here was actually at the match and what their memories were

I was only a kid at the time but if it's the same match i remember i was over excited because it was on match of the day.

Think we won 3-0 from memory and i don't know why it was on MOTD because in those days they only showed one game ??

Yes I was there.

In those days you could change ends at half time and so ,loads of us swapped to be behind the goal Latics attacked in each half.

MOTD was on BBC 2 and not everybody could get that - had to have a special tv set - so went round to a neighbour to watch it.

I was there but only remember it because it was on MOTD. I don't remember too much about the game but watched it a few weeks ago on YouTube. I was shocked at the pace of the game, it would send a glass eye to sleep. So would Kenneth (they think its all over) Wolstenhome. He was the sole commentator, with no expert analysis assistant. He also did an half-time summary and a full time interview with Jimmy Mcllroy, both pitch-side. When skilful players of yesterday are compared with todays players going off this game they would be run into the ground before half-time. Albert Quixsall looked a long way from being a boy wonder. Latics winning secured safety from relegation. Happy days.

Happy days, 8 years old and freedom to change ends and pick up refreshments on way round from dad in the beer pavilion behind the broadway. TV used to have 20 plus watching MOD on a Saturday. High Crompton chippy...run like hell down onto estate and watch the tv with family and mates. Then 69 we got the big 28" DER colour tv size of a fridge and possibly 50 plus for cup final. Now its on my phone.... you young uns are spoilt. Bad memories of MOD v Villa, Burnley at home that could have been on itv with Gerald thermostat.

Saw a photo today of the fire in old market hall 1974 and grief it looked like the dark ages.

Any chance of putting a photo up here? I've been trying for ages to find one on the 'net but to no avail.

I remember going shopping with my mum on the Saturday morning and coming face to face with the smouldering wreckage: nothing but rubble and twisted iron and a plethora of fireman damping down.

Yes I was there.

In those days you could change ends at half time and so ,loads of us swapped to be behind the goal Latics attacked in each half.

MOTD was on BBC 2 and not everybody could get that - had to have a special tv set - so went round to a neighbour to watch it.

Yep, i was there as well. It wasn't a special TV set you needed it was a different aerial. Fortunately my dad was a TV engineer and he borrowed one from work. It should have been roof mounted so we had to try various positions in the lounge to get a picture. My poor mother had to stand on a chair holding the aerial for the duration of the broadcast.