players not training today

After this last season....

Managerless Hartlepool came to Boundary Park and pulled off a 1-0 win on Saturday prompting manager Paul Dickov to say that from now on, Christmas is cancelled.

Dickov`s Oldham squad were told they could stay at home with their families on Christmas day, instead of working themselves on the training field, but Dickov was far from happy with his teams display on Boxing Day.

Dickov is determined to make sure that this does not happen again with points around the Christmas period being so important to clubs.

Dickov said: 'I gave the boys the day off and then they didn't perform at all, and it isn't the first time this has happened.

'I'm not saying we don't work hard all year, but it won't be happening again. You can afford to have two or three players having a bad day, but for us it was every outfield player.

'We huffed and puffed but we didn't perform and we looked like a very average team. I'm not going to hammer the players too much because they've been doing well recently, but I'm disappointed that we let the fans down.

I would assume they'll be in on Christmas Day this time anyway.. Perhaps with a long trip to Yeovil at weekend followed by two home games in the Christmas week he has given them a day off now.

Edited by ChrisA

Guest Scratch2000uk

*awaits outcry if we lose on Saturday and silence if we win*

Silence is good on OWTB, you should know that by now. What's not good, is silence on the terraces, and dwindling crowds, lets hope there's silence on here come 5pm on saturday. :laught30:

Silence is good on OWTB, you should know that by now. What's not good, is silence on the terraces, and dwindling crowds, lets hope there's silence on here come 5pm on saturday. :laught30:

This is a very good point!

Team winning = Quiet message Board and more atmosphere in the stands

Losing Team = Heavy internet traffic moderators with headaches and tumbleweed in the stands.

A dull message board would be a price we would all pay for a successful team, but its just when things go wrong alot of little things get noticed things that knowone would pay attention too when people are winning