Simpson's red card

It wasn't a red for me, a caution for dangerous play at the worst. However for an appeal to be successfull there has to be a huge miscarriage of justice it seems, this won't be seen like that. Hopefully he'll get away with just a one match ban... He was sent off for the excessive force (which I'd argue was unavoidable in the circumstances) I suppose rather than VC.

It wasn't a red for me, a caution for dangerous play at the worst. However for an appeal to be successfull there has to be a huge miscarriage of justice it seems, this won't be seen like that. Hopefully he'll get away with just a one match ban... He was sent off for the excessive force (which I'd argue was unavoidable in the circumstances) I suppose rather than VC.

It's a three match ban.

https://www.thefa.com/TheFA/~/link.aspx?_id=D6CA03B6740C4E78A1E74E2493E9199B&_z=z

Hardly going to miss him cause lets be honest he's been nothing but utter :censored:e since he signed.

We might as well challenge the 3 match ban because if we lose him for an extra game, the penalty for a failed challenge, then I doubt it will make much of a difference with the form he's in.

Also, if Dickov has any sense we'll have a new striker when the ban is finished so we really had nothing to lose in requesting an overturn (unless there is a financial penalty that I don't know about).

We might as well challenge the 3 match ban because if we lose him for an extra game, the penalty for a failed challenge, then I doubt it will make much of a difference with the form he's in.

Also, if Dickov has any sense we'll have a new striker when the ban is finished so we really had nothing to lose in requesting an overturn (unless there is a financial penalty that I don't know about).

There's a £500 fee for an appeal.

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/TheFAPortal/governance-docs/analysis/section-a---field-offences-in-first-team-matches.ashx

Edited by opinions4u