Dickov in or out

in my opinion fans need to support dickov! he is one of the best managers this club has had in years. yes we might not be getting results this season but the club is really struggling money wise and dickov has managed to bring in players like matt Derbyshire and jose baxster for nothing NOW that takes skill. Also when the players set there mined to it they play some good football like today we didn’t win and we didn’t take all out chances but we played good football. The last thing anybody at the club needs right now is so called fans critasing and moaning about everything that happens when they don’t know the ins and out of everything. Do you think it help the situation when fans are putting unnecessary pressure on the players and manager.

Do you really want dickov to go?

How would replace him?

Could anybody else do any better with the facilities available?

I think dickov should say what about you...

in my opinion fans need to support dickov! he is one of the best managers this club has had in years.

Whilst not being a regular "dickov out" person, I'd have to question whether he is better than Moore, Shez or Penney. I can only conclude that he is better than penny, but not the others, so he is the third best manager of the last 10 years. Which is not much of an accomplishment.

I've been thinking about this since the end of the game.......

Dickov may be better at picking up players (or is this scouting / other back room staff who so this work?) than dave Penney, but is he proving to be a better manager?

In my opinion, we had worse players, in a tougher league when dangerous dave was in charge. So, what does that say about our current manager....with better players at his disposal in a more open league when we're in a similar position?

I'm not saying I want Penney back...god no....he almost lost oafc a fan in me but really....is dickov any better?

Edited by Fruitygoo

He is now the worst manager ever....

A :censored:ing joker turning us into a laughing stock.

I'm a season ticket holder for 15 years, I didn't go today, I'll probably not go again till he's gone.

He's a nice bloke granted, that's why he's still there, if he was a C**t like Penney he'd be gone by now.

Will stick to away games from now on. We had had 4500 fans when Penney was here. He signed super Joe, PD signed super Jose, we have less than 3000 now, and it will get worse.

Fans aren't stupid its there for all to see.

He was never a quitter as a player and he won't quit now.

I obviously am and I will till he's gone.

Will stick to away games from now on. We had had 4500 fans when Penney was here. He signed super Joe, PD signed super Jose, we have less than 3000 now, and it will get worse.

Fans aren't stupid its there for all to see.

He was never a quitter as a player and he won't quit now.

I obviously am and I will till he's gone.

I think the crowds would be down at 3,000 no matter who the manager was, unless we were flying at the top of the league all season. Latics fans in general are bored of seeing us play, and often lose against the same teams every week, every season. It's not an indicator of Dickov's success/failure. It's an indicator of how poor the general experience is at Boundary Park. Mike Leigh needs to get down and film one of his bleak dramas here. It's perfect.

After yesterday i am now in the dickov out camp, keep reading he will attract the better players and him being here means Baxter will stay, but if you cant get them to play as a team or battle when its needed the time for change has come. For me Billy Davies would be ideal but he may prefer being out of work over coming to the s**thole that is Boundary Park

in my opinion fans need to support dickov!

They have been remarkably patient with him. Compared to the bile Penney faced into with a similar win rate I think the fans have been remarkably positive about Dickov's tenure. But how long can you carry on being happy with things as they are?

he is one of the best managers this club has had in years. [/Quote]

Check out the numbers. He's got a win rate that puts him in the worst 20% of Latics managers ever.

yes we might not be getting results this season but the club is really struggling money wise and dickov has managed to bring in players like matt Derbyshire and jose baxster for nothing NOW that takes skill.

Agreed. But what's the point if you can only get to 18th in the table. As or struggling money wise, the club made a profit in 2011 and, according to the chairman, has a top 12 playing budget.

Also when the players set there mined to it they play some good football like today we didn’t win and we didn’t take all out chances but we played good football. [/Quote]

How many shots on target?

The last thing anybody at the club needs right now is so called fans critasing and moaning about everything that happens when they don’t know the ins and out of everything. Do you think it help the situation when fans are putting unnecessary pressure on the players and manager.[/Quote]

Yet you gave my post on the Matt Smith chant a downboat. So I thought you were of a view that it's okay to give a public display of negativity.

Do you really want dickov to go?[/Quote]

Yes. He's had a chance. He's failed.

How would replace him?[/Quote]

You let the League Managers Association know you have a vacancy. Although they may pick it up by the interweb or Sky Sports.

Could anybody else do any better with the facilities available?

80% of previous Latics managers have done better. The terraces of Boundary Park have never been paved with gold. Yes, I believe the next manager will do better.

Accepting the status quo is no longer an option.