Dickov - keep the faith

I don't know if this has been raised before but I can see parallels between Dickov and a past manager. Latics gave him his first managerial role, he struggled for several seasons near the foot of the league but eventually turned it around with a good relationship with Man City playing no small part.

Pre Bovis fans may not remember the dark days under big Joe but everyone knows about the great times.

We are benefiting from Dickov's standing in the game and relationship with Citeh with the quality of some of the players brought in, in my opinion you have to accept that a young manager fresh out of playing will need time to learn his trade.

I personally would rather have his potential than suffer another Penneyesque journeyman lower league manager.

Keep the faith.

I don't know if this has been raised before but I can see parallels between Dickov and a past manager. Latics gave him his first managerial role, he struggled for several seasons near the foot of the league but eventually turned it around with a good relationship with Man City playing no small part.

Not sold on the City connection but Royle's tenure did improve when, after a couple of years, he enlisted Willie Donachie as his assistant (though he was inexperienced at the time)

Exactly the point. Yes there have been a couple, but Steve Eyre nipped in and got Bunn to Rochdale and then he went to Preston before he came to us and Scappuzzi needed an interpreter so Mancini shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as footballer

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

Exactly the point. Yes there have been a couple, but Steve Eyre nipped in and got Bunn to Rochdale and then he went to Preston before he came to us and Scappuzzi needed an interpreter so Mancini shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as footballer

It took me a minute to recall who Scappuzzi's mate was ....

The best managers have usually been there for a long time. SC must still see a good manager in PD and is giving him more time. We don't need this or that household name to support him we just need the right man for the job. Somebody that played in the right way, with passion and pride in the shirt. Someone that can instil in an ever changing squad this pride and passion. Most of what we want is not about ability it is about the character of the player. Someone who is here to play football and not just to pick up their pay.

Pre Bovis fans may not remember the dark days under big Joe but everyone knows about the great times.

We are benefiting from Dickov's standing in the game and relationship with Citeh with the quality of some of the players brought in, in my opinion you have to accept that a young manager fresh out of playing will need time to learn his trade.

I personally would rather have his potential than suffer another Penneyesque journeyman lower league manager.

Keep the faith.

Have our stattos a record of Big Joe's team in his dark days ?