Club's Stance on Flags?

I'm not asking for opinions on this one, I'd just like a straight answer.

Where does the club stand on fans bringing flags into the ground? I've seen a few before in the Chaddy but, a while back, when I tried to bring my own, I was turned away as it had a wooden stick, which was considered a weapon. Also had the same problem later that season at Doncaster away.

What are the rules?

Was told elsewhere just to chuck it over and have a friend catch it but... Somehow can't imagine it'd look good if I were pulled.

I'll see. Took the time to email the club anyway, just wanted to see if anyone was sure.

In the meantime, I can't believe it's this complex to have a flag at a ground. Christ.

Extract from the Boundary Park Ground Regulations:

6. The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

6. The following articles must not be brought within the Ground - knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

... :censored: I was going to bring my mate Alexsy to the Everton game

Edited by Markoasis

That's why the got rid of Pawel!

Beautiful. Just what I was looking for, cheers for that.

You could really bend those rules though to either get me in the ground or get me locked out.

Thats just a piece of cloth ???

:laught30:

Wrap it around your arm. Improvise!

Yes you are allowed flags in the ground, I have one and as has already been stated, make sure it doesn't have a stick with it

What form of wafty thing do you use if not a stick? Also, where can I get one?

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

I'm not asking for opinions on this one, I'd just like a straight answer.

Where does the club stand on fans bringing flags into the ground? I've seen a few before in the Chaddy but, a while back, when I tried to bring my own, I was turned away as it had a wooden stick, which was considered a weapon. Also had the same problem later that season at Doncaster away.

What are the rules?

Don't cover any advertising hoardings or you will be asked to take it down.

Well the smoke canister rule was broken on Sunday.... Norty

had mine in the ground on sunday and I noticed a few others did, including the appropriately named 'FLAGMAN' i think. As long as it's wooden stick and not a metal pole I think you should be fine. Was stopped from taking it into Bramall Lane on the stick as it had no fire safety certificate but it was fine for me to drape it over my back, what difference does it make if it's going to burn?

What's happened to the giant flag? Would look great on the telly if we could get it into the chaddy,

The Fortune Favours the Brave flag?

If you mean that one then it was between the Main Stand and RRE on the old terracing along with the Frankfurt flag and a few other ones that were visible on tele.