Why've We Gone All Princess Di On Dickov?

Why was beating Liverpool so much better than City & Everton?

Unlike the other matches it was watched by millions worldwide live on TV, and given the standings of the 2 clubs it was regarded as one of the biggest F.A Cup shocks in history.

Edited by BP1960

Ronnie I was pretty pissed off as I thought we were a work in progress. Penney really was 'meh' never felt lower as a Latics fan, couldn't summon the energy to gloat....

Fair enough, many would have danced on their graves, it's only the other side of the same coin feeling sorry that it didn't work out for PD. It was becoming impossible to argue against the need for change and I will get behind whoever is appointed.

Unless it's Richard Branson

Or Keith Curle.

Or Jeremy Kyle

Or.... well, you get the picture

His tenure for me was best described, perhaps unintentionally, by Karl Millar following his month's loan with a fellow youngster to Chorley in the late autumn. According to the Chron., Millar was overwhelmed by his short time there. He enthused how Gary Flitcroft and his assistants had improved his technique, footballing awareness and confidence. He returned, from a team many leagues below us, and promptly fell back into his trough of despond, our coaches either ignoring him or knocking what Karl had learned out of him.

Maybe, but I bet he knew Kirk Millar's name.

Fair enough, many would have danced on their graves, it's only the other side of the same coin feeling sorry that it didn't work out for PD. It was becoming impossible to argue against the need for change and I will get behind whoever is appointed.

Unless it's Richard Branson

Or Keith Curle.

Or Jeremy Kyle

Or.... well, you get the picture

I'm not saying i'm not disappointed it has ended in tears. I wanted Paul to succeed and up until the end of last season I was defending him against a fair few that wanted him out as early as March, but the time for a change was right in fact it had passed maybe three months ago. The Liverpool game was fantastic but yet another reason why he had to go. The players only played when they felt like it under him. There was an odd good day but every dog has its day, let's not look back now we need to look forward....I was talking to someone on Saturday and he felt not one player had improved under Dickov's tenure, I found it hard to disagree a pretty damning indictment of Dickov's time here. There have been flashes but every player he has had has regressed under his tutelage.....

The time for a change was right in fact it had passed maybe three months ago.

I had my doubts earlier on in the season, but the home performances against Walsall, Scunny and Bury were dire but we should have binned him after the Yeovil game. That was one of the most deflated feelings i've ever had after watching Latics and there have been so many i could name! I knew after that game that it was only a matter of time before the inevitable happened.