Dowie with the replay?

IF !! Dowie has been offered a deal and Knocked it back then we should move on !

I can understand if he would prefer the security of the sky gig, i could understand him wanting to manage a club higher up the leagues or one with greater financial resources. Yep, i wouldn't begrudge him at all but, if he is holding us to ransom over cash he can step outside and make a phone call as far as i am concerned :)

IF !! Dowie has been offered a deal and Knocked it back then we should move on !

I can understand if he would prefer the security of the sky gig, i could understand him wanting to manage a club higher up the leagues or one with greater financial resources. Yep, i wouldn't begrudge him at all but, if he is holding us to ransom over cash he can step outside and make a phone call as far as i am concerned :)

Exactly how I feel. The way the club is at the moment, we need someone who "get's it", wants to get their hands dirty and ultimately become OAFC through and through. They'd have to take the job on the basis that we're skint and that any surplus funds are for the stand, playing budget or youth team set up. PD seemed to embrace this, amongst his failings it was one of his strengths.

A potential manager who wants to hold us to ransom over wages can piss off, whoever he is.

Whilst I think Dowie would do a good job I think the longer it goes the less likely it is. Sounds as if his figures are miles apart and too cosy on the TV or would be here now. Wouldnt want us skint again because he wants to much. Wardle posted a few times re a bonus. TRY to get Adkins (I know !!!!!!!!!!!) on a massive bonus for promotion assumes he saves us. Its worth 4 million plus so offering a million £ bonus would get a few interested.

Isn't that a strategy that almost any League 1 club would pull to get a big-name manager though? And you say the figures are miles apart then throw Adkins into the mix? He's be more expensive, surely.

I suspect the Dowie boat has sailed now to be honest. He'd have signed by now if he was seriously interested.

Anyone else think that it wouldnt be a bad use of certainly unexpected fa cup replay funds to bridge the gap in dowie's wages for a couple of seasons?

Dowie has his offer and, whilst I'd like him to become our next manager, we shouldn't offer him the spoils from our only really decent cup run in years. Also, lets not forget that the new man will have to work with a greater number of youth players rather than with any sizeable transfer budget given that this is the way the club has (correctly) chosen to proceed.

If you read it I am talking massive bonus not massive wage...but we dont have a clue what Adkins wants we do with Dowie I would imagine..

Adkins has a stunningly good record with Scunthorpe including two promotions. He has a pair of promotions taking Saints from mid-table in League one to a comfortable, yet not safe position in the Premiership. And you seriously consider we'd even get close to playing at this poker table? I admire your confidence like.

but agree yep its a strategy anyone could try but who has?

I would guess that most would offer a really healthy bonus opon promotion. Why the :censored: wouldn't they? What makes us different than, say, Coventry? Or PNE? Or anyone else who finds themselves looking for a manager between now and midway through next season. At the end of the day, you can promise soapy titwanks off Scarlett Johansson until they go all saggy but if all you can afford is the 4th or 5th lowest budget in the division then it's not likely to be achievable, is it?

As we can only attract a certain standard of player surely it's sensible to pay a bit more for a better manager?

Adkins is allegedly interested but wants to bring 6 back room staff with him.

If Adkins was interested I'd let him bring his pet dog as well if it meant we'd get him. Can't see it though

In no way, shape or form should we be breaking the bank to bring in Dowie. He doesn't deserve to have wads of cash thrown at him - he's not some sort of demi-God who will transform our fortunes in 5mins......

If he's not interested in what we have to offer, move on and quickly. There will be bucket loads of other candidates who will be interested, and money won't be the stumbling block for plenty of them.

Cup run money to secure the next 2-3 seasons; plugging the shortfalls - not to line the pockets of a former manager who really isn't all that in the1st place.