No goals... Again!

Guest Scratch2000uk

The whole team aren't up to it, Dickov's team is still playing week in week out even with a new manager (although a reluctant one) not much has changed has it? ,I said last week, upbeat performances against teams who's form could only be described as nearly as poor as our own, followed by a run of poor results, much more of the same problems on the pitch and then the lame excuses, Add to that Corney's dithering, and we are not in a very good place.

But we're not a good team so we need the man who makes decisions to make them correctly

Is it me or does it seem that the big decisions which affect games are being called incorrectly much more than in previous seasons? Is the standard of refereeing becoming worse? I know it is a difficult job, but when blatant penalties are missed, how do we ensure that these mistakes do not continue. Is full time professional referees through all the divisions the answer. To err is to be human but when you are on the wrong end it aint half frustrating. They say these things level themselves out over the course of a season, perhaps I am just a bit annoyed after paying good money to go to Tranmere when I could have worked all day and made some money. Ah well looks like Sunday at work beckons.

The pitch was absolutely horrendous and made it very difficult for any kind of decent football to be played on it. There wasn't much between the sides and in my opinion there were only 2 pieces of quality in the whole match-the goal,which didn't deserve to be a part of a match like that and Baxter's free kick. Oldham should definitely have had a penalty for the handball in the first half-not sure about the one in the second half. Each time your manager was smiling[possibly ruefully] as he spoke to someone behind the dug out-very restrained reaction in the circumstances. I was impressed with him at the end in the manner that he shook hands with all the Tranmere players as they left the pitch-not seen that before from an opposing boss.I thought Croft,Mvoto and Baxter were your best players but was puzzled by the incident where Goodison got booked in the first few minutes where the ref gave Croft a very long lecture but no booking yet said not a word to Goodison but gave him a yellow.

The pitch was absolutely horrendous and made it very difficult for any kind of decent football to be played on it. There wasn't much between the sides and in my opinion there were only 2 pieces of quality in the whole match-the goal,which didn't deserve to be a part of a match like that and Baxter's free kick. Oldham should definitely have had a penalty for the handball in the first half-not sure about the one in the second half. Each time your manager was smiling[possibly ruefully] as he spoke to someone behind the dug out-very restrained reaction in the circumstances. I was impressed with him at the end in the manner that he shook hands with all the Tranmere players as they left the pitch-not seen that before from an opposing boss.I thought Croft,Mvoto and Baxter were your best players but was puzzled by the incident where Goodison got booked in the first few minutes where the ref gave Croft a very long lecture but no booking yet said not a word to Goodison but gave him a yellow.

Commentators on Latics Player said Goodison had Croft by the throat.

Commentators on Latics Player said Goodison had Croft by the throat.

My take on it was that crofty put his shoulder into the defenders chest, the ref did not see this, the defender then raised his hands by which time the ref looked over. Definitely handbags.

For a deliberate hand ball in the box, I don't think a sending off would have been unreasonable.

A penalty and the rest of the game vs 10 men, its a different story.

It was obviously hand ball but as for your comment about a sending off,I suggest you learn the rules of the game.