Qatar Dream League

...and in direct opposition to the Bury minimum wage claims - here we have an alleged break-away summer super league with a big pay out. Probably won't happen, however with the money they're throwing around something will happen...

Qatari royal family to announce plans for competition next month. The Daily Mail today reports that plans are being drawn up for a Gulf ‘Dream Football League’ that will act as a direct competitor to the UEFA Champions League.

http://www.caughtoff...ampions-league/

It's a hoax. Nothing to see here.

Sure, but my view here is that it's an interesting situation. A summer league would struggle to work alongside current associations, however they've the money to make things happen. I think it's only a matter of time.

I remember when I was 11 or 12, (around 1988/89) the "European Super League" and it's inevitability was a regular feature on Saint & greavsie, Football Focus and often took up column space in my weekly 'Shoot!' Magazine.

The Champions League and subsequent expansion was seen as a compromise, but with the top clubs ever more cash hungry and vying for valuable TV exposure, this will happen sooner rather than later. I'm just surprised it hasn't already...