Shrewsbury postponement

I wonder if this will be a good thing or a bad thing.

On the positive side, it will give LJ more time with the team to take on his methods.

And Scunny losing means we could go as high as 16th if we win the games in hand.

On the negative side, this side has shown that it does not really listen, as with PD and TP and reverts to type after a while.

The side could psychologically think things are easier now it is in their hands.

A bit of momentum could have been lost.

Gonna be interesting...

Plus our next game is now against second placed Swindon. Unlikely to come out with anything more than a draw whereas I would have fancied us to beat Shrewsbury. I worry what a defeat very early in his tenure will do for confidence and morale.

That said, an extra few days to work on fitness and tactics - I'd be very pleased with a point.

Im thinking of going by train but last one back is 10.20pm.Anyone know how far away the ground is and if any buses to/from the ground to the station/walkable in time?

10-12 minute walk once you've got clear of the ground. By the time you've found a bus, you'll be there. Trust me, I lived there for a couple of years before moving to Brizzle.

Edited by Bristolatic

Im thinking of going by train but last one back is 10.20pm.Anyone know how far away the ground is and if any buses to/from the ground to the station/walkable in time?

When we played them 3 years ago on a Tuesday night I left right on full time and jogged most of the way to get there in 10 minutes, you should be able to get there in 15 minutes at a comfortable walking pace.

EDIT: After seeing Bristol's response I obviously need to get fitter! :shy:

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Hang on a minute. I assume you're talking about the Swindon game, which is a 3pm kick-off. What are you doing at the ground for the next 7 hours?

Edited by Bristolatic