rest in peace Tommy Standring aged 51

I always used to get my programmes from him at the top of the steps from the turnstiles in the chaddy end sheepfoot lane side. One of the first people I would associate with latcis when I started going as a kid with my dad. Genuinely gutted for his family RIP.

Anyone think we should do a minutes silence

I'd hazard a guess a good 50+ Latics fans (regular attenders) move to the four sided stadium in the sky each year.

Perhaps the Bury approach of naming them all before the last home game and inviting a minute applause for those no longer with us is more fitting. And practical.

I'd hazard a guess a good 50+ Latics fans (regular attenders) move to the four sided stadium in the sky each year.

Perhaps the Bury approach of naming them all before the last home game and inviting a minute applause for those no longer with us is more fitting. And practical.

This, I'm sorry for anyone who knows a Latics fan who died this week, but it is quite impractical to have a minute's silence for those who died. As it probably would mean a minute's silence every week. What would happen when we have a minute's silence anyway; like for Armistice Day. Do what Bury did and have one at the last home game of the season for any Latics fan that died during the season. Invite the opposition team to add their fans too if they want.

This, I'm sorry for anyone who knows a Latics fan who died this week, but it is quite impractical to have a minute's silence for those who died. As it probably would mean a minute's silence every week. What would happen when we have a minute's silence anyway; like for Armistice Day. Do what Bury did and have one at the last home game of the season for any Latics fan that died during the season. Invite the opposition team to add their fans too if they want.

Great, great idea. In this age of ultra-communication it's easy to compile a list of fans that have passed away.

• 2 weeks later...