DEFENDERS Keep or Let Go

Keep or Release?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Cliff Byrne

2. 2. John-Yves M'Voto

3. 3. James Tarkowski

4. 4. Conor Brown

5. 5. Glen Belezika

when we (14 oldhams fans) bumped into him in Westwood East after the Colchester game, he was stood chatting for about 20 minutes... the first thing that was said was how :censored: he played that day, the second thing that was said is don't go to huddersfield or he'll be hated by many, third thing that was said was how he's a top class player and he was honest to his word and great to speak to.. but he mentioned how Mvoto leaving helped him, because he was now playing with someone he understood and could build a partnership with!

someone said he's become a leader? he was talking and obstructing the defence in his first ever game for latics, showed maturity years above him at the age of 18!! he also said he's definitely not signing for doncaster unless they offer him money he can't refuse

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when we (14 oldhams fans) bumped into him in Westwood East after the Colchester game, he was stood chatting for about 20 minutes... the first thing that was said was how :censored: he played that day, the second thing that was said is don't go to huddersfield or he'll be hated by many, third thing that was said was how he's a top class player and he was honest to his word and great to speak to.. but he mentioned how Mvoto leaving helped him, because he was now playing with someone he understood and could build a partnership with!

someone said he's become a leader? he was talking and obstructing the defence in his first ever game for latics, showed maturity years above him at the age of 18!! he also said he's definitely not signing for doncaster unless they offer him money he can't refuse

This for me, he was bollocking more experienced players from the moment he made his debut and he keeps doing it. A good leader and whilst I'd have made Rooney captain when Smith was subbed against Mansfield (remembering that Wes was subbed earlier in the game). That was only based on his experience, in a young side Tarky is clearly a leader of the team, and I can clearly see why Johnson made him the captain when he subbed Smith. I think everyone is accepting that we won't be able to keep hold of Tarky indefinitely, and his leadership qualities have a decent part to play in that.