2. 2. John-Yves M'Voto

3. 3. James Tarkowski

4. 4. Conor Brown

5. 5. Glen Belezika

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown is a weird one. Some fans came up with a song for him yesterday but he is possibly one of the worst players Ive ever seen

Amen to that!

Wish him no ill at all, but feck me he's an awful player. We need a new RB in; as Winchester isnt good enough in that position either.

I'd agree that Connor Brown shouldn't be first choice and clicked the <release> option above.

But I do wonder if he was thrown into the team before he was ready. He started the season as second choice to Byrne and Wabara was brought in pretty sharpish.

Perhaps the right coaching could improve him. The last few weeks have seen him deliver some decent crosses from deeper positions and he held up reasonably well at left back yesterday.

And he's cheap.

Anyone seeing Browns answers on late kick off will realise why there is a satellite delay when the ball arrives at his feet. Wish him all the best seems a nice lad, but we need better.

If being good at answering quiz questions quickly is a sign of being a good footballer then I'm Vincent Kompany.

Think you kind of missed the point Vincent, nothing to do with the questions !

Think you missed my point more, so Brown is a bit dim, you don't have to be intelligent to be a footballer. He panics a bit but remember this is essentially his first season in league football.

With someone his age an early question as to whether I'd keep him would be is he improving? For me Brown is. The fact that he hasn't disgraced himself at LB too means I would offer him a new deal. I would be looking to get someone else in ahead of him at RB though.

Keep them all if poss. It's the first full season for virtually all of them except Cliff and JYM. All will have learned a lot so all worth keeping. For what it's worth I think Tarky is well worth keeping. If he can get and stay fit he's got a great chance of doing well.

Deryres42 if you're not sure, watch 2nd half v Everton where he handles Fellaini better than most. Don't forget how few games he's had and be patient.

Brown has looked terrible at times overlapping, I think it is a confidence thing where he doesn't trust himself to go past a man or put a cross in. There is the makings of a player there. Tarky has all the attributes, just needs to cut out the brainfarts. I've said before, Rio was similar at his age.

True, but Grounds isn't Denis Irwin either. Tarky has the basics but makes stupid :censored:ups. At least you can work with that rather than someone who is just :censored:.

I disagree, and not about the Grounds-Irwin analogy.

He has little pace, is not strong enough to be an enforcer, is positionally suspect and adds to that a tendency to make stupid mistakes. None of which has changed in the last two years.

There may yet be a defender in there, but if we stick with him to find it then we will ship a shedload of goals in the meantime and the reward will not be that special.