Thought for the weekend

While I'm sad to see Jose go and it won't be the same raising a glass of the old pink to the human league, I count myslef blessed to have had the pleasure of seeing the talent that is Jose Baxter perform at mecca for the last 12 months.

I think it's fair to say that he is arguably the most talented player we have had on our books in the last 10 years. It really has been a bonus to have had him here and for us as a club it was massive that we got him to sign a 2 and a 1/2 year contract in January. Not huge in terms of the sell on clause, but huge because it gave us enough to ensure survival last season and huge because he played such a big part in our cup run.

We were losing money hand over fist last season until that cup run and have probably ended up breaking even on the back of it. Staying up was huge to us as a club and Jose played a big part in that despite the stats saying otherwise. It's not all about what happens on the pitch, Thats only 90 minutes of the week. What happens in the dressing room and on the training pitch is equally as important and Jose's "spirit" lifted the place. The scouse humour brought the Royle feeling back and it is so important that the dressing room has spirit.

We will miss Jose, how much I'm not sure because we have a cute (no girls not that sort of cute) manager who plans meticulously and who clearly knew what was coming. He's known for sometime that Jose would be off. He's planned for it. Rooney, Mc Donald, Dayton Smeltz Philliskirk and now todays addition. The firepower has been replaced.

It's gutting, but not as gutting as it would have been if we'd lost him to Taggart junior in last January. I'm also gutted that he's not gone up a league. Yes Sheffield United are a bigger club than us, have bigger support, a bigger history bigger wage bill, bigger dickheads, but let me leave you with this thought for the weekend.

That bigger club who have taken our best player are still 7 places below us in league 1.

Lets take 3 points tomorrow and move on. Thanks Jose and all the best.

I look at the squad named for the game tomorrow and the possibility of one or even two more players coming in before Tuesday and I'm stunned......if someone had told me last May we'd have all those players in our squad for the coming season I'd have said they were mad..

I don't know how LJ has managed it on our budget but WOW!!!! that is a tremendous squad for Latics in this division.

I look at the squad named for the game tomorrow and the possibility of one or even two more players coming in before Tuesday and I'm stunned......if someone had told me last May we'd have all those players in our squad for the coming season I'd have said they were mad..

I don't know how LJ has managed it on our budget but WOW!!!! that is a tremendous squad for Latics in this division.

Absolutely, and playing great football too. LJ is relentless in his professionalism. We will improve every week. If it weren't for a couple of individual errors, which I am sure he is working to iron out, we would have beaten Posh away. I have the feeling that LJ is going to be a great manager - too early to say, of course, but I'm getting that feeling quite strongly.

Go back to January most on here hoped and prayed he would stay until the end of the season he stayed until the start of this one and we recouped our money and he got us that winner at Stevenage. Who knows those 3 points might be important come may. Plus the memories he gave us last season that free kick at Forrest which setup that game against Liverpool. That equaliser he got against notts county on his home debut. That peach of a free kick he got against pne. That amazing strike against letting orient. No keeper in the world was stopping that. Remember these moments.

With it becoming harder and harder to for young players to come through the ranks at the big pl clubs the chances of us picking up another Jose Baxter are as good as they have ever been.

While I'm sad to see Jose go and it won't be the same raising a glass of the old pink to the human league, I count myslef blessed to have had the pleasure of seeing the talent that is Jose Baxter perform at mecca for the last 12 months.

I think it's fair to say that he is arguably the most talented player we have had on our books in the last 10 years. It really has been a bonus to have had him here and for us as a club it was massive that we got him to sign a 2 and a 1/2 year contract in January. Not huge in terms of the sell on clause, but huge because it gave us enough to ensure survival last season and huge because he played such a big part in our cup run.

We were losing money hand over fist last season until that cup run and have probably ended up breaking even on the back of it. Staying up was huge to us as a club and Jose played a big part in that despite the stats saying otherwise. It's not all about what happens on the pitch, Thats only 90 minutes of the week. What happens in the dressing room and on the training pitch is equally as important and Jose's "spirit" lifted the place. The scouse humour brought the Royle feeling back and it is so important that the dressing room has spirit.

We will miss Jose, how much I'm not sure because we have a cute (no girls not that sort of cute) manager who plans meticulously and who clearly knew what was coming. He's known for sometime that Jose would be off. He's planned for it. Rooney, Mc Donald, Dayton Smeltz Philliskirk and now todays addition. The firepower has been replaced.

It's gutting, but not as gutting as it would have been if we'd lost him to Taggart junior in last January. I'm also gutted that he's not gone up a league. Yes Sheffield United are a bigger club than us, have bigger support, a bigger history bigger wage bill, bigger dickheads, but let me leave you with this thought for the weekend.

That bigger club who have taken our best player are still 7 places below us in league 1.

Lets take 3 points tomorrow and move on. Thanks Jose and all the best.

sums it it perfectly, ohhhhh Jonson Clarke-Harris!