Most disliked former Latic

Porter by a mile did the dirty on Latics by using the system but believe it could get worse due to another possible case from a brit playing in Iceland?

However Chris Makin gets off lightly as did exactly the same as Porter via Marsailles before joining Sunderland.

My dad still blames Chris Makin for almost everything that has gone wrong at the club over the last 15 years or so...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me right if I am wrong here, but wasn't Rob Lee signed on for a month on mega bucks a week by Latics standards by SC for the wow factor, being ex England. Only to find he couldn't cut it and after half a match said as much and waved his money?

If that's the case he's well short of Porter in the had the club over stakes.

Put me right if I am wrong here, but wasn't Rob Lee signed on for a month on mega bucks a week by Latics standards by SC for the wow factor, being ex England. Only to find he couldn't cut it and after half a match said as much and waved his money?

If that's the case he's well short of Porter in the had the club over stakes.

I was always under the impression that after his solitary appearance in the JPT/LDV/Who gives a :censored: cup, Talbot named him on the bench for the FA cup game with Orient at the weekend, to which he replied 'feck this, I aint sittin on no Division 2 bench' and drove away in his solid gold car laughing at us all.

Or something like that.

Like many others, my most disliked player has to be Lee Hughes. Only time I ever sung his name was when I was drunk on delirium at Everton, and I immediately felt the need to shower thoroughly. Still recall the day he signed with massive unease.

Penniless Dave is easily my most disliked manager. Seeing us trying to 'consolidate' a 1-0 defeat (and still failing!) in the name of damage limitation at home to Leeds on a dirty December night has to be one of my lowest points watching Latics. Honourable mentions also go to Keigan Parker, Littlejohn, Graeme Sharp and Windass.

On a similar vein, although I don't dislike him, I remember being a bit miffed when Andy 'Hughesy' Hughes celebrated a Notts County goal in front of the Chaddy on opening day of 98/99 with needless gusto. Perhaps missed something, but never understood why he did that!

I dont get this ? Care to explain ? Wayno was class for us and always ran himself into the ground, or even got kicked into the ground for the cause . Or did i miss something he said/did ?

We have history. Had a little tete-a-tete one day, nearly came to fisticuffs.

As with many things I post, it was tongue-in-cheek. We did have a little run-in after a game once when I gave him some stick for falling over too much, but it certainly didn't lead to an irrational hatred. I just couldn't think of anyone I actively dislike.

As with many things I post, it was tongue-in-cheek. We did have a little run-in after a game once when I gave him some stick for falling over too much, but it certainly didn't lead to an irrational hatred. I just couldn't think of anyone I actively dislike.

Did you square up in the Sainsburys car park?

Phew thanks for clearing that up, thought you were gonna say something that would make me think different of him, suprised nobodyelse picked up on it beforehand, unless they knew that you were tongue in cheek. Wayno Wayno Wayno

I was always under the impression that after his solitary appearance in the JPT/LDV/Who gives a :censored: cup, Talbot named him on the bench for the FA cup game with Orient at the weekend, to which he replied 'feck this, I aint sittin on no Division 2 bench' and drove away in his solid gold car laughing at us all.

Or something like that.

Yes. That's exactly what happened. :censored:.

King_510b90_1566893.gif

My choice is probably Michael Ricketts. A complete scumbag, and everything that is wrong with the modern footballer. I'm just glad his career has gone downhill so dramatically

King_510b90_1566893.gif

My choice is probably Michael Ricketts. A complete scumbag, and everything that is wrong with the modern footballer. I'm just glad his career has gone downhill so dramatically

Ahhh, i'd forgotten about the delightful Mr. Ricketts. I'll give you that one Jonesy, he's got to be right up near the top of the list, an overpaid, woman beating piece of :censored: if there ever was one.

Can someone enlighten me to what Paul Reid did wrong. assumin we r talking about the warnock era left winger

Reid wasn't too bad for us. Solid left midfielder/wing back. Signed too late in 96/97 (along with Duxbury) to save relegation, but he looked okay in League One. He left to join Bury (may have followed Warnock there) a couple of years later. Latics fans gave him dog's abuse in both the home match of the season (think we won 2-0 to end a run of five straight defeats to open the season) and then in the return match at Gigg Lane. Anyway, after half-time he scored a penalty at the other end to equalise for Bury and opted to leg it back to the other end of the pitch to celebrate in front of us. Didn't help that (I think) Paddy Kenny also joined in an exuberant celebration for good measure. We re-took the lead but (again if memory serves) Andy Preece scored an injury time header to get them a draw.

Apart from that, nothing about that match sticks in my memory!

Players celevbrating a goal is ok in my book but for a leader/Captain to leave midway through a season when we were hovering above the drop zone is unforgivable- DEAN FURMAN ......................

Let it go. Is this the same leader/captain that couldnt catch the starting 11 ? I for one was happy to see the back of him, worked out well for both parties.

Half didn't want Furman in the side anyway.

He didn't desert a sinking ship as we didn't sink and Korey Smith is a better fit anyway.

We got some money for him didn't we? We wouldn't have if he had stayed until the season end.

I don't get the obsession some have with players leaving, especially poor to average players who are struggling. If the ship is sinking then they are part of the reason for that, why keep them?