Rooney and Millar

Not wishing to cast bad vibes over a game that will live long in the memory for the best ever goal and worst ever miss - and many feel that Rooney had a good game - but second half he was more or less playing wide right and looking to supply Millar. On what possible basis does this make sense? Millar would have closed fullbacks down x3 quicker and put more and better balls in from wide and Rooney is the better finisher. Am i overlooking something?

I noticed this as well mate and said several times to my dad "why the hell is Rooney wide whipping in crosses to Millar it should be the other way around". Not sure, doubt it was meant to be like this but it happened quite a lot you would think Johnson or anyone on the coaching staff would notice and tell them to Fecking swap round (unless they did?).

I noticed this as well mate and said several times to my dad "why the hell is Rooney wide whipping in crosses to Millar it should be the other way around". Not sure, doubt it was meant to be like this but it happened quite a lot you would think Johnson or anyone on the coaching staff would notice and tell them to Fecking swap round (unless they did?).

It was all a cunning plan to bamboozle Swindon of course.

Lets not nitpik eh.

I don't mean to, and I left the ground delighted with the result and performance. Would hate to see players marked down when they were used wrongly though. I daresay Pete is right that it was a tactical move but it seems like a step too far when we already had two fullbacks pushing on and Dayton and Philli looking to cut in. If Rooney succeeds, it will be by being around the 6 yard box when the ball arrives.

I think that Rooney was playing a bit deeper than Millar hoping that Millar's pace would get through their back four, so he had freedom to make that happen. But Millar isn't ready to be first choice yet.

He wouldn't be the first name on the teamsheet but he did enough v Carlisle to justify starting - he was scaring the crap out of their defenders with his runs out wide. It really didn't seem as effective with him in the middle and Rooney out wide. Still, all's well that ends well. If you can call schmeltz's miss ending well, the daft get.

He wouldn't be the first name on the teamsheet but he did enough v Carlisle to justify starting - he was scaring the crap out of their defenders with his runs out wide. It really didn't seem as effective with him in the middle and Rooney out wide. Still, all's well that ends well. If you can call schmeltz's miss ending well, the daft get.

him missing that let me down for £70 the bar steward - £3 on 3-1 oldham