Steve Eyre

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah - he was bang average when he arrived, still is.

Actually, scratch that - his kicking from moving balls has improved.

#mimmsout

#murrayout

#everyotherbackroomstaffout

Tempting me :wink:

I think he's slowly becoming more assured in controlling his box, but for me he was always more of a shot stopper, its very rare you find someone who his both a good shot stopper and good at claiming the ball from crosses.

Maybe not nowadays Dr, in the olden days when I was a young dinosaur keepers weren't coached, they acted instinctively.

Edited by BP1960

I listened to the full 90 minutes, this evening, on BBC Radio Manchester. I thought Steve Eyre's co-commentary was the best analysis i've heard from a football expert, in many years. He was excellent. He was educational, informative, fair and had our team eloquantly described to a tee for 2 hours. Learnt so much tonight.

Superb summerising on BBC Radio Manchester, knew the strengths and weaknesses of each team and every individual.

Pinpointed exactly what was required during the game, this is the man we need as coach at BP.

The man was a joke a Rochdale. He undid all of Keith Hill's good work in the space of two months. He also has the honour of being the only Rochdale manager of recent years to have lost against us in a competitive game...

The man was a joke a Rochdale. He undid all of Keith Hill's good work in the space of two months. He also has the honour of being the only Rochdale manager of recent years to have lost against us in a competitive game...

I don't think you listened to him tonight, his knowledge and insight was outstanding.

(also see Boundary Bulldogs post above).

Edited by BP1960

I don't think you listened to him tonight, his knowledge and insight was outstanding.

(also see Boundary Bulldogs post above).

Steve Eyre is on a completely different planet. One of the best coaches in England, without doubt. Simon Corney should at least try and get permission from Huddersfield to speak to him, about joining us.

Maybe he has found his calling as a Radio Summariser then?

No, I didn't listen to him. Some decent telly on tonight...

You could well be right there Lee, he makes the current TV and radio summarisers look complete amateurs.

BTW he actually referred to the Latics as 'we' in his summaries, which was really nice of him.

Edited by BP1960

Maybe he has found his calling as a Radio Summariser then?

No, I didn't listen to him. Some decent telly on tonight...

I was personally hanging on each and every word that Eyre said. He could have only seen us once or twice so far this season and he had us boxed-off completely! On countless occasions he predicted what would happen in the game and minutes later it did happen. Very impressed with his incredible knowledge of the game.

I was personally hanging on each and every word that Eyre said. He could have only seen us once or twice so far this season and he had us boxed-off completely! On countless occasions he predicted what would happen in the game and minutes later it did happen. Very impressed with his incredible knowledge of the game.

Hi Steve

you cant expect him to become world class in 14 games or however many it is, i think his shot stopping looks very good, he is a bit hesitant on crosses and does make mistakes but you need to judge over the course of a season IMO

im not expecting him to become world class in 14 years nevermind 14 weeks, but a clean sheet wouldn't be too much to ask for

As soon as Steve Eyre went to Huddersfield Town, after Lee Clark's amazing 43-game unbeaten run shuddered to a halt, he went in there with Simon Grayson, helped them get to Wembley and they got promoted. Mainly because of his first-class coaching. He then took over as Caretaker Manager after Grayson was sacked, winning 2, drawing 2 and losing one, against some top Championship teams including Cardiff and Leicester. He continues to do a great job as Mark Robins' 1st Team Coach. A few of you lot mention Rochdale. Do me a favour! I bet he doesn't even tell anyone he's even gone shopping there. Tonight he delivered a masterclass in football analysis.

As soon as Steve Eyre went to Huddersfield Town, after Lee Clark's amazing 43-game unbeaten run shuddered to a halt, he went in there with Simon Grayson, helped them get to Wembley and they got promoted. Mainly because of his first-class coaching. He then took over as Caretaker Manager after Grayson was sacked, winning 2, drawing 2 and losing one, against some top Championship teams including Cardiff and Leicester. He continues to do a great job as Mark Robins' 1st Team Coach. A few of you lot mention Rochdale. Do me a favour! I bet he doesn't even tell anyone he's even gone shopping there. Tonight he delivered a masterclass in football analysis.

Are you ChaddyEndFred?

With the budget they had they should of been automatic and up a couple of years before that! If you look at the records, think it's more like they went up because of Grayson, since he had already got two teams out of this division...

So we shouldn't mention his only managerial job, in which he failed?

So, what you're saying is that he has done alright working in a background role at a club with rich resources at their disposal, and as part of a huge backroom team.

But the main occassion when he has been in sole charge and failed big time, is to be scrubbed from his CV completely??

Cool. I'll get the tip-ex to my CV tomorrow should look pretty good using that technique of yours.....

Edited by slystallone