Koukash deal off?

At least it seems to have ended amicably. Should anything bad happen to us in the future then at least he could be an option if we have less to lose.

But at the present time I think he'd be a fairly big step backwards in the short term. The potential riches that he seems to have are outweighed by the loss of relative stability we currently have on and off the pitch, grand changes and turnover of staff. Plus I'm not convinced that he quite understood what effort it took Corney and the club to get to this current stage with the stadium, if he started from scratch just to have another 5+ years of slow progress then I could see the patience running out for many fans. Seeing as the stadium was such a key aspect of what he wanted to do with the club I don't think delays could've been afforded.

About 1-4 years ago I think this deal could've gone through and it would've made sense for Corney, the club and probably Koukash. Guess it shows the importance of timing.

At least it seems to have ended amicably. Should anything bad happen to us in the future then at least he could be an option if we have less to lose.

But at the present time I think he'd be a fairly big step backwards in the short term. The potential riches that he seems to have are outweighed by the loss of relative stability we currently have on and off the pitch, grand changes and turnover of staff. Plus I'm not convinced that he quite understood what effort it took Corney and the club to get to this current stage with the stadium, if he started from scratch just to have another 5+ years of slow progress then I could see the patience running out for many fans. Seeing as the stadium was such a key aspect of what he wanted to do with the club I don't think delays could've been afforded.

About 1-4 years ago I think this deal could've gone through and it would've made sense for Corney, the club and probably Koukash. Guess it shows the importance of timing.

Well said. If it was that easy it would have happened already. It would have been jump off a bridge time if we'd stalled the new stand and been no further forward in 3 years time. Has someone on the council shown Koukash a bit of ankle, maybe more than he can deliver? The large enough site thing has been done to death 100 x over, and the council won't be finding spare cash knocking about for a while yet

Tbh ive never been the biggest corney fan but since johnson has come in i havent had a problem with him. It was a very bold appointment in the first place and he took an awful lot of stick with it. Since then the small meet the manager sessions have gone down a storm, the stadium has come on no end, johnson has been backed with lengthy contract and a sizable squad and even the marketing team worked wonders in the summer. We might not be pulling up any trees in the league but slowly, you get the feeling this club is pulling itself round and if it takes three years so be it. However i feel a real push will be possible next season.

We might not be pulling up any trees in the league but slowly, you get the feeling this club is pulling itself round and if it takes three years so be it. However i feel a real push will be possible next season.

Or we'll be 'cutting the cloth' again, and finish 17th.