Koukash deal off?

Real opportunity missed here, a bloke seemingly willing to purchase the club, build a new modern stadium and no doubt invest in the playing squad in an attempt to win promotion.

But hey, we get to stay at Boundary Park, let's crack open the champagne.

Not to mention a squad that I believe is fine will not get meddled with, and a manager whom I believe is great will not be replaced or undermined by a face from the past and a meddling intergalactic horse loving warrior.

Real opportunity missed here, a bloke seemingly willing to purchase the club, build a new modern stadium and no doubt invest in the playing squad in an attempt to win promotion.

If he was so willing to purchase the club, where's the recent bid?

If he wanted to build a stadium, why couldn't he name a site for it? Did he pay for the Salford one? I think he expected council tax payers to fund any stadium.

I'm all for a loaded bloke with good intentions taking over. But this all seemed a bit vague.

Appearances can be deceptive.

Where was his bid.

He did not even contact SC for 6 months, so I do not consider him a serious bidder.

For all we know he may have thought he could get away with a really low and ridiculous bid.

Plus what O4U said, was there a viable site, or was he just shooting from the hip?

Appearances can be deceptive.

Where was his bid.

He did not even contact SC for 6 months, so I do not consider him a serious bidder.

For all we know he may have thought he could get away with a really low and ridiculous bid.

Plus what O4U said, was there a viable site, or was he just shooting from the hip?

Guess we'll never know, truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, I wouldn't be quite as keen as some to take anything Corney says as gospel though.

Seems pretty clear that the current valuation that the owners want is not realistic so we are stuck with them.

I feel comfortable with the current set up, there looks to be some stability, some good football on the pitch, and a very promising youth set up.

We may stay in Division One this season, but there's the possibility of a trip to Wembley and cash to build the squad if Tarkowski or Danny Philiskirlk are snapped up by the big guns.

Edited by BP1960

Makes me laugh that Corney says he wont sell to someone who wants to move from Boundary Park. As if that has been his sacred mission all along.

Anyway,guess it's SC for perpetuity now. Joy

He does qualify that by saying that they did want to once but now he just wants the new stand up and to redevelop the others.

And he knows/thinks it is pie in the sky for Koukash or anyone else to bring about a new stadium elsewhere in the town based on his dealings with Oldham council.

Guess we'll never know, truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, I wouldn't be quite as keen as some to take anything Corney says as gospel though.

Seems pretty clear that the current valuation that the owners want is not realistic so we are stuck with them.

Confusion may persist for readers of the local press.

The rarely-wrong Chron refers to Corney’s statement made this week and says:

no bid was even lodged for the football club. They were too far apart in valuations for that.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/83465/right-call-to-stand-firm-with-plan

The MEN continues to report:

(Simon Corney) dismissed an offer for the club from Salford Red Devils supremo Marwan Koukash.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-says-only-consider-6326377

Confusion may persist for readers of the local press.

The rarely-wrong Chron refers to Corneys statement made this week and says:

no bid was even lodged for the football club. They were too far apart in valuations for that.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/83465/right-call-to-stand-firm-with-plan

The MEN continues to report:

(Simon Corney) dismissed an offer for the club from Salford Red Devils supremo Marwan Koukash.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-says-only-consider-6326377

Both make sense. Koukash offers, about a fiver," whilst they're chatting about horses, Mr Corey tells him to :censored: off as it's worth £730m. No bid is forthcoming

In chronological terms Corney saying he hasn't had any dealings with Koukash for seven months stacks up. This would tie in with Corney giving or getting the go ahead to begin work on the new stand, an act of 'up yours' in defiance. He certainly sounded very committed and upbeat on the radio.