Can we still pay on the day?

This article has gone up on the OS.

Matchday seating request
Oldham Athletic would like to remind supporters that they must purchase tickets prior to each game at Boundary Park.
Once a ticket has been bought supporters are asked to sit in the seat allocated to the ticket, as there have been a number of recent complaints to the club's Safety Officer regarding seating 'issues'.
The club thank our supporters for their understanding in this matter.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140402-seating-request-1339017.aspx#7Yi5rCZcCXFVRODl.99

It might just be me being stupid, or can we no longer pay on the day at BP?

A few things have irked me recently at BP in a similar vein...

Vs Wolves, there was a reltively big queue outside the mainstand paddock turnstile (RRE side) for adults. No queue for consessions. A man and his lad (around 6/7 years old) wanted to pay in. They walked to the consessions, no they wouldn't let the father in. They expected his lad to pay in and the father to then queue. Who is telling the turnstile operators to do this? We are a struggling club, we should just be making it as pleasurable experience as possible for new fans, not trying to make things difficult.

And.... (different topic, but I can't be bothered making a new thread)

In the main stand paddock near the RRE there is the area which doesn't have seats, for the last 18 years the back row has jumped over rather than walking aroung. Why are there stewards now telling you, you can't do it? Health and Saftey apparently. "You will get thrown out" if you jump over I was told. Im expecting to be "thrown out" this weekend.

Edited by pukka

Vs Wolves, there was a reltively big queue outside the mainstand paddock turnstile (RRE side) for adults. No queue for consessions. A man and his lad (around 6/7 years old) wanted to pay in. They walked to the consessions, no they wouldn't let the father in. They expected his lad to pay in and the father to then queue. Who is telling the turnstile operators to do this? We are a struggling club, we should just be making it as pleasurable experience as possible for new fans, not trying to make things difficult.

Seen this a few times in the Main Stand Paddock, but at the Chaddy End of it where I go in. I could half understand if 4 grown men were trying to go through the concessions turnstile just to avoid queuing up but when it's quite obviously "Dad and Lad" it makes no sense at all.

Because by having fans go via turnstiles it gives the club an idea of which fans are coming thru, age wise, how many adults are paying on the day.

Also turnstile staff would be slower getting next fan thru as they would need to mark down if it was an adult, concession etc.

Not having it would be slower. There were 10/12 people in a queue - no one in the consessions.

How can it possibly take longer?

As for how many adults are paying on the day, fine, but a simple tally would suffice.

Edited by pukka

And it stops fraud on the turnstyle operators part. Can't mark down more kids than they had and pocket some of the cash. If only kids go in then the money will be divisable by the number of clicks on the turnstyle and kids admission cost. All money is tgen accountable for.

A few things have irked me recently at BP in a similar vein...

And.... (different topic, but I can't be bothered making a new thread)

In the main stand paddock near the RRE there is the area which doesn't have seats, for the last 18 years the back row has jumped over rather than walking aroung. Why are there stewards now telling you, you can't do it? Health and Saftey apparently. "You will get thrown out" if you jump over I was told. Im expecting to be "thrown out" this weekend.

Do other nationalities have translations for "jobsworth" or is the concept just an English peculiarity?

And it stops fraud on the turnstyle operators part. Can't mark down more kids than they had and pocket some of the cash. If only kids go in then the money will be divisable by the number of clicks on the turnstyle and kids admission cost. All money is tgen accountable for.

That will be the answer. Too easy for a rogue to let his mates in as kids, and for the same reason could leave you exposed when the taxman comes to check. No offence to the staff, I know 3 and none of them would ever touch a wrong penny, but you have to have systems in place.