There was a man called Ronnie Moore, dodgy, dodgy,

He managed to guess the score with the help of Sodje, Sodje,

From promotion material winning 2 & 3-0,

To become addicted to William Hill,

Ronnie Moore is a f*****g dodgy ****.

Edited by sjk2008

• 3 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27559923

Got sacked for a £1 bet on the Trannies. Seems harsh, and probably sent them down.

Rules is rules. He knew the rules, he broke them, he has paid the penalty. The fact that he broke them for a £1 bet just makes it even more stupid.

There's been a few times when some of our non-playing staff have probably broken the rules too. They were under the same restrictions as the players were, but I don't know if they are now as the players/coaches rules have changed.

If the account he's given (no pun intended) is true then it's ridiculous and I offer him my deepest sympathy.

I think the rule is right (and should become a blanket ban on football betting).

I think his claimed ignorance about the rule is unbelievable.

I think his mitigation on family account and size of bet is strong and makes the fine seem extreme in the circumstances.

He makes a good point on the time it has taken to move from charge to decision.

And I agree that had Tranmere been further up the league they'd not have fired him. A very heavy price to pay.

they cant punt them to lose or lay money on the exchanges to lose but you are correct they are allowed to back their horse or dog to win, but racing is rife with corruption and thankfully our football is amongst the most straight there is, for me Ronnies been unfortunate as he must of been aware of the rules, im sure there are others betting away in 'friends' accounts for far greater amounts though.

And I agree that had Tranmere been further up the league they'd not have fired him. A very heavy price to pay.

I did have to laugh at that comment though. Like he was being hard done to because the team he was in charge of was failing.