Latics Player

Have you listened to it recently? It isn't getting any better (not calling Gordon/Roy or Mike here) The standard of service is appalling - its like stepping back in time to listening to long wave radio with frequent interruptions. The match content is the bear minimum with the briefest highlights, unlike other clubs output where you get extended highlights. At the moment I would say it isn't worth the money.

Often the free trial isn't the club's decision, more the company that provides the service for all the clubs. Considering you can listen to other team's commentary using a different club's subscription, it can be possible to get a few months worth of Latics player commentary over a season for nowt.

As others have said the highlights in particular are not really worth the extra money as you might get maybe 1 minute more than the freely available highlights on YouTube or via Sky, if there are only 4 games in a month that works out at £1 per minute.

Often the free trial isn't the club's decision, more the company that provides the service for all the clubs. Considering you can listen to other team's commentary using a different club's subscription, it can be possible to get a few months worth of Latics player commentary over a season for nowt.

As others have said the highlights in particular are not really worth the extra money as you might get maybe 1 minute more than the freely available highlights on YouTube or via Sky, if there are only 4 games in a month that works out at £1 per minute.

I've always wondered how much the club actually makes as you can use your login on other sites, I'd imagine it's a measly amount.

Edited by OAFC_Ryan

Whilst the highlights are a little too short and the video quality is significantly below par for 2014 I still think LaticsPlayer is worth subscribing. The ~£30 a year isn't a bad deal for live commentary of every game. On top of that there's Johnson's Thursday presser every week and often one or two player interviews.

It's far from perfect, but still a decent avenue to follow the club.

Edited by LaticsChris

I have Latics Player for commentary on away games. Otherwise I wouldn't bother. The press conference and interviews are printed on the web site not long after them being on the Player, and are also printed in the Chron the same day. The quality of the highlights is terrible, very jerky and some times it's like spot the ball.