Playershare meeting 27.02.14

underdog

was thinking about donating to PS and read the info thread all that gives details of is how to make donations, what actually happens to money raised and who make the decision, if I contribute will I receive a newsletter or an email updating me of the schemes plans ? after seeing what went on this season with Edis jokts it makes me reluctant to make a donation, thats not a dig im just being honest any info would be appreciated.

after seeing what went on this season with Edis jokts it makes me reluctant to make a donation

As I understand it, the manager makes the request for funds and the committee will agree to it. Ultimately I would expect them to trust the manager's judgement.

LJ has admitted he dropped a bollock with Eddie and made a commitment to repay the funds spent to PlayerShare out of his own pocket. In his head I think he had the idea of turning somebody with little experience into a fans favourite. I suspect the next player will be somebody we've heard of. Kuqi's wage was part funded by PlayerShare and his goals kept us up. For me it would be better to use PlayerShare funds for a marquee signing,

Signing any player has its risks. If PlayerShare funds were used to sign Adam Rooney I'd have been delighted, but it didn't work out. The concept of giving the manager the decision is one we should cherish in my view.

As I understand it, the manager makes the request for funds and the committee will agree to it. Ultimately I would expect them to trust the manager's judgement.

LJ has admitted he dropped a bollock with Eddie and made a commitment to repay the funds spent to PlayerShare out of his own pocket. In his head I think he had the idea of turning somebody with little experience into a fans favourite. I suspect the next player will be somebody we've heard of. Kuqi's wage was part funded by PlayerShare and his goals kept us up. For me it would be better to use PlayerShare funds for a marquee signing,

Signing any player has its risks. If PlayerShare funds were used to sign Adam Rooney I'd have been delighted, but it didn't work out. The concept of giving the manager the decision is one we should cherish in my view.

Cam the next player be a part funded Harkins ?

All these points will be raised at the meeting and reported back on friday. O4u is correct. It is the managers decision entirely who he uses the money for. If we have the money he wants in reserve it is usually paid to the club monthly. The meetings are generally open meetings where anyone is welcome to attend but LJ is going to be in attendance and due to time constraints and wanting to remain purely focused on playershare rather than dragged into a "meet the manager" style event, we have decided to keep this to committee members. As always, notes will be taken and published and questions fielded on this thread will be raised.

As for the structure, this will be discussed on thursday and i will try and get some sort information put together in an email so contributors and potential contributors can see what work goes on behind the scenes.

Thanks everyone for the questions/queries we will try and sort them out for you.

Lets not foget that prior to Shefki, we supported Cedric Evina who went Charlton put of season and netted the club about 50K to spend on players. YOur contribution does help

And I must admit, I prefer to see an end product on the pitch so I can brag that my £5.00 contributes to that wonder goal, match saving tackle...etc...