That's due to a distinct lack of pace. He knows he can't get turned, and also being beaten to the ball at times.

He was a lot quicker than the other bloke playing CB for them. I think a lot of his bookings have come at the end of one of his mazy runs as he loses control and ends up making a bad challenge.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meaningless statistic on Tarkowski's bookings.

10 yellows, I red.

Only been on the losing side in one of those eleven games (Crawley away).

It might be meaningless, but that is a damn fine statistic and one that I initially thought to be untrue only to find out it is spot on. Chapeau.

He's only on 9 bookings. One of the ten was mistaken identity.http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9197050/tarkowski-let-off-the-hook

Trust me today was his 10th, I thought he should have been suspended for today (and been on the bench when ineligible in midweek) but didn't know about the mistaken identity.

Trust me today was his 10th, I thought he should have been suspended for today (and been on the bench when ineligible in midweek) but didn't know about the mistaken identity.

The one he picked up when he got sent off on the telly box doesn't count towards suspension because he's already served a ban for it.

The one he picked up when he got sent off on the telly box doesn't count towards suspension because he's already served a ban for it.

Not sure that's the rule, otherwise he would have to get a few more having already served a ban for getting 5 before November.

Wilson and Lockwood have been very steady of late but i'd have Tarky back in a heart beat. Anyone who says otherwise is either blind or kidding themselves.

I'm certainly not saying that Tarky isn't a decent player, but Wilson and the money - or Tarky without it?

Id rather have the cash tbh.

Not sure that's the rule, otherwise he would have to get a few more having already served a ban for getting 5 before November.

Maybe I explained it badly.

5 yellows before the end of December = 1 match ban.

10 yellows before mid-April (including any yellows that have already accrued a ban) = 2 match ban.

2 yellows in a game = red = a 1 match ban. Those two yellows do not then form part of the cumulative total of yellows that count towards a ban for 5 or 10 yellows.

There is a link off the FA site somewhere but I can't find it right now.

Edited by opinions4u

A good footballer knows what he does well and what he doesn't. Tarky is a good footballer.

Agree, but that will be exposed by better players

Lockwood is a walking foul. Dam near every challenge he goes into he has arms all over the opposition. But - somehow; he's getting away with it.

We played next to no "football" from the back today - but we defended ever so well.

Brentfords 2 played football; some of their long passes were spot on, but when we got at them; they fouled and they were booked.

Our 2 really aren't the best footballer i've ever seen - far from it actually - but they seem to be effective defenders. And right now, we seem to very much benfitting from having that type of player in our side...

Wilson played a few good long balls, one to Harkins was excellent. I don't think Wilson is half as bad on the ball as you say to be honest. He is no Maldini granted, but he is no Lord Kangana either!

Agree, but that will be exposed by better players

Wilson played a few good long balls, one to Harkins was excellent. I don't think Wilson is half as bad on the ball as you say to be honest. He is no Maldini granted, but he is no Lord Kangana either!

Thought he played quite a few nice passes yesterday, and he looks decent on the ball. Him and Lockwood complement each other really well - Wilson's a decent ball-playing defender, Lockwood's a proper hoof-it-out-the-ground-ask-questions-later centre half. It might not be the prettiest partnership at the back but it's what we need right now.