• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounded like a very tense and exciting game on LP (maybe that was just Mike and Roy).

Credit to LJ as despite the late setback at Crewe he set the team up that day to be a hard to beat unit, which has carried on throughout the last 3 games. We're by no means out of the woods yet but we're looking well-equipped to beat the drop.

A great point really. Wasn't pretty to watch but we did a good spoiling job on them, much like so many teams did to us earlier in the season. It looks like we're learning a bit as a team.

Thought MOM was Wilson by a country mile. In fact he's been sublime since he came into the side and now has a rock-solid understanding with Lockwood. I'd happily try and sign them both up for next season. Smith and Wes were excellent too, protected the back four and showed disipline. If only our major chance didn't fall to the useless Dayton we'd have been sitting on all three points.

IMO all brentford were was a long ball side & I thought we dealt with them very well. Lockwood and Wilson are forming a great partnership.

Does anyone know when they are contracted to?

Wilson to the end of the season.

Fairly sure it's the same for Lockwood too.

Long ball team? Mixed it up first half and targeted Connor. We sat off and let them play, particularly second half, but we had the chances and defended very solidly - Wilson my MOM and Lockwood looks comfortable. If Groundsy didn't have his lazy passing days he'd be at least a league above this one - terrific covering at times. Rachubka flapped once, but very steady and seems to talk to the back 4 at lot more than Ox.

For me the difference in the last 3 games, as it has been all season, is that our captain has been on top of his game. The lad oozes class and is relishing sitting deep behind the marauding Wes and DP. Keep it up Korey and we'll be safe.

Again special mention to Sir Gary; worth the entrance fee on his own. Didn't quite come off for him at times, but his sublime control from one particular high looping pass was world class.

Keep the Faith!

Edited by eyres_28

Should we have had two penalties?

Philliskirk was convinced he'd been pushed when he headed over first half. Clear pen according to o4u Jr who ball boys at the RRE and was in the UEFA extra official position behind the goal!

Wesolowski looked to be taken out as he was about to shoot second half. Clear pen to me 120 yards away.

Wilson needs a 2 year deal drawing up and putting in front of him Monday morning.

And - i'd even be an advocate of getting Lockwood a 1 year extension too.

Wilson to start; and unless we sign another front line CB; so too Lockwood. If we get another one in; then Lockwood would be a more than adequate replacement to come in.

Id rather have Wilson and £250k (if that was the figure we got) than Tarky and £0..

There Ive said it. I expect to be mocked for it in a few years when tarky wins the First European Super league, but there we go.

I haven't seen a deterioration in defence without tarky. In fact it has improved

Edited by pukka

Id rather have Wilson and £250k (if that was the figure we got) than Tarky and £0..

There Ive said it. I expect to be mocked for it in a few years when tarky wins the First European Super league, but there we go.

I haven't seen a deterioration in defence without tarky. In fact it has improved

Tarky is the type of centre-back lots of fans of clubs want with his ability on the ball.

Wilson (and Lockwood) are the centre backs we need right now!