Seats or Tenants and other things

What Ian Hill has said makes sense if the financing of the new stand is based on a piecemeal budget.

Whichever way the stand is completed is irrelevant really in the great scheme of things. What any club needs to seriously improve income is bums on seats - lots of them. Without a seriously wealthy benefactor our only hope is 'luck' with a unknown manager who manages to assemble a group of average players into a winning, entertaining side. Joe Royle, was once that man but I suspect he had a trifle more money available than LJ.

I am a little more optimistic than usual with LJ, but not giddily so.

I am giddy but it might be Lees Bitter

I had a conversation with Ian Hill on Friday about one thing and the conversation turned to Latics.

From his point of view he would prefer all the "back office" part of the stand completed before the seats go in. He believes the seats may add 200 people which in his words is neither here or there. He wants to complete all the the other aspects of the stand first. Boxes, shop, gym, office, bar etc as that's what will make OAFC survive in league one and possible drive us on. So don't expect us to have seats by the start of the season.

Did he actually say to finish the "Boxes, shop, gym, office, bar etc" instead of installing seats or is that you taking the wrong end of the stick?

There's been no mention anywhere else that these wouldn't be completed as well as the seats. The general opinion has been that it's the the top range catering for the event facilities that would have to wait. Maybe that's what he meant by the "back office" part.

Did he actually say to finish the "Boxes, shop, gym, office, bar etc" instead of installing seats or is that you taking the wrong end of the stick?

There's been no mention anywhere else that these wouldn't be completed as well as the seats. The general opinion has been that it's the the top range catering for the event facilities that would have to wait. Maybe that's what he meant by the "back office" part.

Didn't SC say that the seats would be sorted , implying the rest might not be, a few months ago.

Also there is a shortfall as we're not getting the football foundation grant.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

200? it will be more than double that wizzo initially

big side of rre away end only then shut the small section, move those into the new stand along with the extra fans

and when a big following is in town I think it'll be a superb atmosphere at bp

the key will be to get off to a flyer

big side of rre away end only then shut the small section, move those into the new stand along with the extra fans

Agree with the last bit. The first game with seating in the new stand should be first game or another big game. An early big draw in the cup would be nice so seat allocations aren't a problem

used to be plenty of atmosphere in bottom tier of lookers at the far left side.. and plenty at the top actually aswell! so to say that side will be dead is just presuming, if all those fancy going back to that side then it will most definitely not be dead

I don't get your thinking yarddog

the latics fans in the rre got put there when the lookers got knocked down

and it's always been the away end

I don't know how old you are but the laughs we used to have in the lookers was top draw when you get decent away following an this season is looking good for that

This is Ian Hills opinion not mine!!!!!

I have only passed on what he said

I contribute to the atmosphere can tell you for a fact the singing section wont go anywhere near the new stand rre is the preffered location if its another it will be the chaddy, new stand will be dead.

At the first opportunity, I call on the Mighty Lookers Songsters from Seasons Past to populate the new stand! Rise!