Daniel Johnson

Don't quote me but I have heard there is an issue with him being registered with 3 clubs and therefore cannot go to a 4th in a season? In which case its us or Chesterfield.

Though I may be wrong.

Think he can move permanently but not on loan to anyone else.

I could tell from his rapport with the fans at Rochdale he loves it here, that's my observation anyway.

I think I agree with SlyStallone.

What I saw was a young footballer enjoying scoring 2 goals in a decent atmosphere and celebrating with his team and supporters. Nothing more, nothing less.

His response to the question about the Christmas Do was fairly ambivalous - didn't sound like he was dissappointed to be missing out either.

Young player with no connection to the area or the club, will go where he can get regular football and earn the most money. I think he looks very good, but I'm not that carried away yet based on a handful of appearances - seen plently of loan players impress at first and then fade away.

Think he can move permanently but not on loan to anyone else.

This is my understanding.

Which is why if Villa decide to do what Bolton have down with Wilkinson then I think I'd back us to keep him until the end of the season. If not, then it is far from certain that he'll be here on the 6th January (potentially replaced by the previously mentioned Wilkinson) and more likely he is sold.

Don't quote me but I have heard there is an issue with him being registered with 3 clubs and therefore cannot go to a 4th in a season? In which case its us or Chesterfield.

Though I may be wrong.

This link suggests that he's not even eligible to play for Villa this season, so if they want him to play games this season, it has to be with Latics or Chesterfield.

This link suggests that he's not even eligible to play for Villa this season, so if they want him to play games this season, it has to be with Latics or Chesterfield.

"Remember, you can only play for two clubs in a season

Now things can get a little tricky when loaning a player, as football players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season, loans included, and during this period, the footballer can only play official matches for two clubs."

Not aware of this. So DJ has been registered at Chesterfield, Latics and (presumably Villa), and cannot play for another team this season? Really didn't think that was ture, but if so makes our position for the rest of the season stronger and means that he will be eligble for the FA Cup game?

Can't see him ever making the Villa team. Grealish comparisons are very different considering their ages are 3 years apart.

It will take some serious talent-spotting from LJ to get a player of Johnson's calibre to replace him if he leaves for another club on a permanent. Also I suspect that if the price touted is correct then we would easily be able to sell him on for more in a year or two. He's walking profit, although we might be cutting it fine in regards to financial fair play; so basically, get down to BP and we might be able to get some of these players.

If we presume that we might be able to scrape together the necessary readies to meet any fee that Villa are looking for, the even more difficult topic of wages would beed to be resolved.

Have no idea what (i) our players earn - established ones and youngsters; (ii) what does a PL kid earn?; and (iii) what would a Preston / Bristol / Sheff Utd / Bolton / Huddersfield pay players?

But I'd guess that (ii) and (iii) are both higher than (i).

Edited by Scapegoat