Daniel Johnson

What a load of :censored:, if the likes of Jack Grealish can get in Villas first team it's only a matter of time before DJ ends up in their first team also.

Seen this brandish about on a few facebook groups that are frenquented by delusional latics fans.. It's not going to happen!

Edited by OAFCM35

What a load of :censored:, if the likes of Jack Grealish can get in Villas first team it's only a matter of time before DJ ends up in their first team also.

Seen this brandish about on a few facebook groups that are frenquented by delusional latics fans.. It's not going to happen!

Same :censored: that was spouted before Baxter and Korey Smith signed no doubt, some players believe it or not want to play games now Grealish is getting 5 minutes every other week in Villas 1st but he is hardly ripping trees up is he, Ive heard it from a pretty good source that Villa are looking for a fee but it may be all pie in the sky, who knows, if he did sign it would be a shock for me

The only way I can see us getting DJ until the end of the season is if Villa want to keep him and offer him an extended contract. If that is the case then I think he will then stay out on loan - either with us or Chesterfield.

If Villa don't want to keep him, then they will look to sell in January to recoup some cash and based on his performances this season for us and Chesterfield I cannot see them stuggling to pick up a six figure fee from either a Championship or wealthy League One club that is willing to shell out £100k plus for a 2 or 3 year contract.

Whilst he looks a great player, I am not sure that he is PL quality - so the latter is more likely. If that is the case there is a possiblilty that SC could take the view that this could be a Baxter type situation - gamble £100k (if we can find it - getting to the 3rd Round and a good draw this weekend would help) on him hoping that you could sell him on in the summer if needed to balance the books. However I think there are a number of reasons that this is unlikely to happen:

1) We have only seen him for a handful of games on loan. Wouldn't be the first time a player has been outstanding in a few loan games and then dropped to average when signed. The perceived value might drop away after a longer run of games, and SC thinks its too much of a risk.

2) He could get injured - huge amount of money for a club like us to gamble with.

3) By signing a 2 or 3 year deal with a club that is arguably below the standard he can play at is unlikely to be in his thoughts.

4) He'd be better getting a deal at a club that not only can afford the asking price, but also the wages that he could demand. We might scrape a fee together, doubt we could find the wages to match other interested parties.

I think make the most of DJ whilst we can, but expect that he leaves in Jan. Whereby a rested Winnie can step back in and hopefully play as well as he did earlier in the season.

Ive heard from a not so credible sauce (my boss who is a villa fan) that he will sign til the end of the season.

He has started like a train.

I'm pretty sure He can't play for anyone other than Villa, latics or Chesterfield this season due to the amount of clubs rule?

Ive heard from a not so credible sauce (my boss who is a villa fan) that he will sign til the end of the season.

He has started like a train.

I'm pretty sure He can't play for anyone other than Villa, latics or Chesterfield this season due to the amount of clubs rule?

He cannot play for any other club on loan this season - which is why if Villa extend his contract but want him to continue to develop it would be a straight choice between us and them.

He can be bought by any club in January if Villa want to sell and get some cash back.

Though if he is under 24 and come through their system they would be able to get cash for him in Summer as well even if his contract is up - that might help with the case of them extending a loan to the end of the season even if they don't want to offer a new contract. They may think that he's worth more in May with another 5 months of first team action, than he is now.

I'd imagine the best case scenario we could get would be he goes back on the 5th Jan and remain at Villa until the close of the window and then signs on load until the end of the season because they have had no big bids for him.

No source but I'd be a bit disappointed/surprised if he went back to Chesterfield over us now assuming it is his choice/finances etc.

His career so far amounts to a few good games in L1, don't think we need to worry about the Championship vultures whisking him away just yet.

Clearly loves it here? Not attending the Christmas party might indicate he is not feeling that much part of the team.

He might have had a prior arrangement.

Although, yes, I'm puzzled as to how it's clear that he loves it here.

I could tell from his rapport with the fans at Rochdale he loves it here, that's my observation anyway.

Really?

What rapport did you see that I didn't?

He celebrated his goals towards his loan sides fans? Any player would do that wouldnt they, rapport or no rapport?

I don't think anyone here is able to say whether he's enjoying it so far with us are they? How can you tell?

The only way I can see us getting DJ until the end of the season is if Villa want to keep him and offer him an extended contract. If that is the case then I think he will then stay out on loan - either with us or Chesterfield.

If Villa don't want to keep him, then they will look to sell in January to recoup some cash and based on his performances this season for us and Chesterfield I cannot see them stuggling to pick up a six figure fee from either a Championship or wealthy League One club that is willing to shell out £100k plus for a 2 or 3 year contract.

Whilst he looks a great player, I am not sure that he is PL quality - so the latter is more likely. If that is the case there is a possiblilty that SC could take the view that this could be a Baxter type situation - gamble £100k (if we can find it - getting to the 3rd Round and a good draw this weekend would help) on him hoping that you could sell him on in the summer if needed to balance the books. However I think there are a number of reasons that this is unlikely to happen:

1) We have only seen him for a handful of games on loan. Wouldn't be the first time a player has been outstanding in a few loan games and then dropped to average when signed. The perceived value might drop away after a longer run of games, and SC thinks its too much of a risk.

2) He could get injured - huge amount of money for a club like us to gamble with.

3) By signing a 2 or 3 year deal with a club that is arguably below the standard he can play at is unlikely to be in his thoughts.

4) He'd be better getting a deal at a club that not only can afford the asking price, but also the wages that he could demand. We might scrape a fee together, doubt we could find the wages to match other interested parties.

I think make the most of DJ whilst we can, but expect that he leaves in Jan. Whereby a rested Winnie can step back in and hopefully play as well as he did earlier in the season.

Don't quote me but I have heard there is an issue with him being registered with 3 clubs and therefore cannot go to a 4th in a season? In which case its us or Chesterfield.

Though I may be wrong.