10 Years Ago Tomorrow

We've come a long way, baby.

I was thinking when watching Liverpool stutter past Wimbledon on Monday about the fact that, only a month ago, I was hoping this week would see Latics up against one of the big boys in the FA Cup. Very, very different week, as it turns out.

10 years? Pffft, where has time gone - my life is slipping awaaaaay. Cracking day that was, really felt we were on for the win beforehand - blowing a gale, premier league nancy boys, David James flapping his arms about - and so it came to pass. Remember we had another one incorrectly ruled out because someone was near James as we scored directly from a corner. Which we also did against him during our great escape in 1993 when he played for Liverpool

Seem to recall apart from Betsy lifting one over the bar at the start of the second half , we never saw the ball in the Chaddy.

Mark Hughes tackling like a demon & Pogs keeping them at bay .....

We were still attacking towards the end. Only one team in it.

Great day. Best FA Cup win - for me.

Not so sure there was only one team in it. Pogliacomi made numerous excellent saves...

Fair enough. Definitely remember us pushing for a second and having corners etc late on though. I was in the Lookers Paddock but the noise from the Chaddy was something else.