Scott Sellars Furore

Scott Sellars furore

Where is it?

So Scott Sellers killed someone and there is a likely chance we will get him as a manager. Where is the outrage? Where is the social media campaign to shame the club? Have we used up our quota of moral angst for the season? Are the sponsors leaving in droves? Are people returning season tickets in disgust?

FMD

It beggars belief!

Surely simon corney isnt that stupid to appoint him. If he did this would ANOTHER PR disaster for the club!!! Killed a motorcyclist through driving in no fit condition to. Fined, 300 hours unpaid comm work and banned from the road for two years... Try explaining that to your kids!

I'd like to think my children, at moreorless any age over about 4, would be able to understand it. Your words above explain a decent chunk of the story. I think I'd find it a lot easier to explain than rape.

Scott Sellars furore. Where is it?

So Scott Sellers killed someone and there is a likely chance we will get him as a manager. Where is the outrage? Where is the social media campaign to shame the club? Have we used up our quota of moral angst for the season? Are the sponsors leaving in droves? Are people returning season tickets in disgust?

FMD

It beggars belief!

I'm not sure if your post is tongue in cheek or not. Given the serious nature of his crime I'll assume not.

1. Odds are he won't be the next manager. If he moves from "possible" to "highly likely" the world might change.

2. Much as I'm uncomfortable ranking crime, you have the issue of intent. A guilty rapist intended to do what they did. Sellars didn't.

3. Then you have acceptance of guilt and contrition. As far as I'm aware Sellars has displayed this. Evans hasn't.

4. Then there's the thought that it could have been me. I can't see a scenario where I'm ever likely to be in the situation Ched Evans created for himself. As a relatively cautious driver I'd be surprised if I fell asleep at the wheel. But I was very tired driving back from Gillingham a few weeks ago and needed three stops on the A1. It's easier for a driver to judge alcohol intake than their degree of tiredness.

I don't think we should appoint Sellars, in part because of his conviction. But the club owner has made it clear that he believes in giving people a second chance. In the end that's his call. The risk of reputational damage to the club is lower with Sellars than it is with Evans despite the inescapable fact Sellars killed a man. But society will be kinder to a man who nodded off than it is to a rapist.

---

For anybody who drives when tired I'd suggest you research the impacts online. Many studies across the globe state that you are far more likely to have an accident when tired than you are after a few pints. We all know drink driving isn't clever. I wouldn't want to live with knowing I killed somebody because I couldn't be bothered using a lay-by, service station or £30 hotel room.

Edited by opinions4u

Oafc_lover. "Probably go and watch Mossley instead". Think a name change required here? "Oafc_when I haven't anything better to do" might be a suggestion?

Or maybe oafc_willing to part with a ridiculous amount of his hard earned cash when his club show even a modecum of ambition.

That has a certain ring to it I feel?

For anybody who drives when tired I'd suggest you research the impacts online. Many studies across the globe state that you are far more likely to have an accident when tired than you are after a few pints. We all know drink driving isn't clever. I wouldn't want to live with knowing I killed somebody because I couldn't be bothered using a lay-by, service station or £30 hotel room.

This. What I sometimes find when driving is I can think I'm fine for say a two hour journey and suddenly start to feel very drowsy after a little while. Just driving along a motorway is monotonous and not conducive to staying wide awake IMO. Even driving home from work in an evening I can start to feel a bit drowsy at the wheel.

Just last week I was driving back from Newcastle and had to stop at Scotch Corner, drive over to the other side of the car park, and have a nap for an hour.

Don't risk it.

Edited by jsslatic

Sellars - no no no ,

Now Dean Holden has been appointed until the end of the season it is obvious that there is a serial killer due for parole in May/June who has the job.

Barry boy will be negotiating his terms whilst we speak !!!!!!!