FAO Diego or any other Oviedo'ers....

What are Oviedo doing knocking about in the third tier of Spanish football with a stadium like that, in a city so populated?

Must be the equivalent of Leeds being in League 2.

This tells you about the Club's plight which led to it being rescued by a share issue.

http://theinsideleft.com/real-oviedo-sos/

Can someone tell me again why we didnt at least take a punt on him when he was on trial that time. Wasn't it the 06/07 season where we started off not being able to hit a barn door and only started going goal crazy when Porter got himself fit?

Although he scored 3 goals in two Reserve matches for Latics, he wasn't offered a contract. Last year he told me Latics said to him "Go back to Oviedo and keep on training. We'll phone you", but the phone call never came.

Years later he donated a couple of his shirts for auction to raise funds for Trust Oldham. An event was held, with Shez present, at which the auction took place. With all the interest in a player who never played for the first team, Shez was embarrassed to be put on the spot when asked why he wasn't signed. He replied to the effect that it was because he was crap, which brought much laughter from the audience. He then went on to explain that, although he was a great lad, it was really because he wasn't just what he was looking for at the time.

...He then went on to explain that, although he was a great lad, it was really because he wasn't just what he was looking for at the time.

Wasn't what he was looking for? We started the season with only one striker! That Molongo chap who looked completely lost on the football pitch (yet somehow scored the winner against Swansea!) I'm sure Warne wasn't fit and Porter didn't come back until September sometime which is when we started to click.

Unbelievable really. Was Barry in the fold then? Can we blame him?

Wasn't what he was looking for? We started the season with only one striker! That Molongo chap who looked completely lost on the football pitch (yet somehow scored the winner against Swansea!) I'm sure Warne wasn't fit and Porter didn't come back until September sometime which is when we started to click.

Unbelievable really. Was Barry in the fold then? Can we blame him?

Barry was Trust chairman, that might even been when he called himself Fans' representative, so yes we can blame him.

Diego Cervero was gutted about not signing for us, when I spoke with him earlier in the season. He said he couldn't understand why he didn't win a contract, he said he played really well & scored goals, he could do nothing more.

He's a genuine nice lad too.

Diego Cervero was gutted about not signing for us, when I spoke with him earlier in the season. He said he couldn't understand why he didn't win a contract, he said he played really well & scored goals, he could do nothing more.

He's a genuine nice lad too.

Mrs Sideburns says he's gorgeous.

Carlos Slim Domit @Carlos_Slim_D May 31

Muchas felicidades al @realoviedo, a la mejor aficiòn y a @arturoelias que gran trabajo ¡¡Hala Oviedo!!

Congratulations to Real Oviedo and the best fans from fellow-shareholder and richest man in the world, and messages from two other fellow-shareholders and former RO academy players.

• 4 weeks later...

Cadiz ultimately came up short again yesterday in their second playoff against Athletic Bilbao B.

Here's a video about Magico Gonzalez who they claim was actually the worlds best ever player.

[media]

[\media]

Loads of their fans still have "Magico" on the back of shirts old & new.

There are pictures (if not shrines) of him in pretty much every bar around the ground (of which there are many).

I never saw Alan Groves but would I be right to draw comparison's from what I've heard?

He was a lunatic, womanising, pisspot off the field aswell which I always like.

http://www.itsroundanditswhite.co.uk/2012/01/20/the-magic-of-magico/