Ben Purkiss

From today's chron.....

"Much depends on the men he can bring in a right-back, commanding centre-back and centre-forward are among the priorities."

Why is a right back a priority? It simply isn't a priority.....! We have 2 contracted full professionals in that position.....! I hope this is just lazy journalism......!

Perhaps they don't think the other two are any good and this lad is a better bet?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps they don't think the other two are any good and this lad is a better bet?

Sure... I've posted something similar earlier in this thread and if they do, that's fine..... I'm taking issue with the word 'priority'. It not a priority.

If it was.... why on earth did they offer Connor Brrown a contract when they could've let him go.....! I'm hoping its just lazy journalism.

Sure... I've posted something similar earlier in this thread and if they do, that's fine..... I'm taking issue with the word 'priority'. It not a priority.

If it was.... why on earth did they offer Connor Brrown a contract when they could've let him go.....! I'm hoping its just lazy journalism.

With two centre halves gone I can see Wilson being used there and Brown will compete with Purkiss if he signs.

Can it be that another manager is trying to find a right back to replace Mr Brown? How many right full backs will that be?

Can it be that his improvement from total :censored: to predominantly average just isn't good enough?

Brown is here because he is cheap. If a better player is available at the right price why wouldn't you get them?

Can it be that another manager is trying to find a right back to replace Mr Brown? How many right full backs will that be?

Can it be that his improvement from total :censored: to predominantly average just isn't good enough?

Brown is here because he is cheap. If a better player is available at the right price why wouldn't you get them?

Priority?

Priority?

His priority is to improve the squad isn't it?

If a better player is available at the right price why wouldn't you get them?

Just because one name is linked in the paper does not mean its the priority. It could be one of many irons in the fire.

You didn't.... I didn't accuse you of doing so.... it appeared in today's chron!

What as a priority? Did anybody mention a new right back as a priority?

If not calm down ffs its a month before pre season training starts and 2 before the season kicks off.

Does it matter in what order the players sign as long as they sign the right ones!?

Some people on here make me laugh. 'Here we come league two' 'oh woe is me' 'Can't believe we have been linked with him' It's as if we have a forum of managers, coaches and scouts who seem to know all the qualities and abilities of every single player. People who go very quiet when a signing works out. Why don't said people wait until a signing plays before he is beaten with the :censored:ty stick of despair?

Some people on here make me laugh. 'Here we come league two' 'oh woe is me' 'Can't believe we have been linked with him' It's as if we have a forum of managers, coaches and scouts who seem to know all the qualities and abilities of every single player. People who go very quiet when a signing works out. Why don't said people wait until a signing plays before he is beaten with the :censored:ty stick of despair?

I am a bit worried = woe is me / league 2 / going quiet / :censored:ty sticks?

One would conjecture tis you who is being somewhat melodramatic!