Defence

A lot has been said that we need a no nonsense centre half which i fully agree with, but equally if not more important who is going to score the goals going of current form?

We are 3rd bottom in the league in terms of goals scored so were is the drastic change needed going to come from in order us to beat relagation?

Midfield consensus is it is fairly strong yet it does not protect the defence adequately enough, or support & get beyond our forward in terms of assists or goals, the facts say this.

I think it's a case that of priority number 1 is the defence and priority number 2 is attack of what should be a very lengthy to do list.

We defend properly it will give the rest of the team going forward a bit more confidence. It's not individuals it's how we are defending as a unit that is the problem it was like 5 strangers at the back in the first half Saturday and the players in front could also have done more.

We have goals in us. Murphy has scored 11 in 17, Philliskirk, Jones, Cassidy, Poleon, Yeates and Winchester will chip in. Forte to return too.

Not to mention we've had to be more defensive as a unit to cover the appalling excuse for a defence. With a decent keeper and a commanding centre half it would lift the burden on the midfield.

A couple of good players will transform us entirely. We do not need an overhaul. A couple of players will improve us hugely.

Plenty of teams would be crying out for a player in the form of Murphy.

Edited by NewBlue

We have goals in us. Murphy has scored 11 in 17, Philliskirk, Jones, Cassidy, Poleon, Yeates and Winchester will chip in. Forte to return too.

Not to mention we've had to be more defensive as a unit to cover the appalling excuse for a defence. With a decent keeper and a commanding centre half it would lift the burden on the midfield.

A couple of good players will transform us entirely. We do not need an overhaul. A couple of players will improve us hugely.

Plenty of teams would be crying out for a player in the form of Murphy.

Waiting for the players listed above to start chipping in. It hasn't happened in 2015 across the board, except Philliskirk and perhaps Poleon.

We have won once at home but lost just once away. That is no coincidence. Away from home when we are compact our fatal weakness is not exposed as it is at home.....ie when our shape becomes more stretched the increased space painfully exposes our relative lack of pace and we get over run.

How often on Saturday did we see their midfield in the first simply run past and beyond our players, teams habitually come to BP press and push and score within 20 minutes and then sit back. On the few occasions we do equalise they then score again within 10 15 mins.

Over simplified I know but that is the crux of the issue

Waiting for the players listed above to start chipping in. It hasn't happened in 2015 across the board, except Philliskirk and perhaps Poleon.

Poleon has 4 goals in 9 starts, Philliskirk has 5, Yeates and Jones are capable, with Forte to return and surely Cassidy will score a few you'd think that would be enough. Murphy will continue to score, I'm sure.

The other point would be that most of the above players haven't had a consistent run in the team or any position due to injuries or loans, and have been shackled by our defence.

Would take Higdon back, mind.

Edited by NewBlue

I thought certainly at Mansfield away Dieng and Brian Wilson looked a good partnership. Wilson has a lot of bottle and is a good vocally. Dieng has it all when he is on a good day, a proper run may do him some good.

Never liked James Wilson, he is a prime example of the problems with the current squad. Plenty of talent, no heart. Brian Wilson, Liam Kelly, not sure I'd fancy anyone else in the squad to stand up and be counted.

Poleon has 4 goals in 9 starts, Philliskirk has 5, Yeates and Jones are capable, with Forte to return and surely Cassidy will score a few you'd think that would be enough. Murphy will continue to score, I'm sure.

The other point would be that most of the above players haven't had a consistent run in the team or any position due to injuries or loans, and have been shackled by our defence.

Would take Higdon back, mind.

So what you're saying is that I'm right :wink:

I think this team is capable than more than they're delivering but I have given up any expectation that they will deliver what they are capable of.