Sheridan speaks about Transfer Window

Which on a completely different scale of magnitude is what Wenger did to finance the Emirates stadium - a number of seasons of spending low and selling top top talent to keep the stadium moving knowing that eventually it will pay back.

Sadly, 60,000 people is viable when you play like Arsenal. 6,000 when you play like us isn't.

Arsenal own the stadium I believe. OAFC are rent paying tenants who are also being asked to pay for the building of the new stand.

Not sure any us would rent a house and pay for a new extension on it instead of the owners.

In my eyes its almost illegal. Fans money being used to pay for a private companies building. Every transfer profit and TV game in the last what 5 years has gone into that stand. We are going down because of that stand. The sooner Corney goes and :censored:s off the better.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just goes to show how things can quickly change.

When he arrived it was 'all hail the king' amid much talk of a new CB, midfielder and striker.

Two games in - not much had changed (results wise) but we did have a promising new kid on the block albeit on a short term youth loan.

Then (seemingly), a light in the darkness with the arrival of the CB in the shape of Mr Gerrard and our first win.

Onwards and upwards we thought - now for the much needed striker before the close of the transfer window.

Looking good - the sale of an ex player should bring a windfall that will allow us to compete in the market.

Alas, not so, Latics had closed that door before it had barely opened and we now have to hope for a win on Saturday or else it's back to the loan market when it re-opens.

Arsenal own the stadium I believe. OAFC are rent paying tenants who are also being asked to pay for the building of the new stand.

Not sure any us would rent a house and pay for a new extension on it instead of the owners.

In my eyes its almost illegal. Fans money being used to pay for a private companies building. Every transfer profit and TV game in the last what 5 years has gone into that stand. We are going down because of that stand. The sooner Corney goes and :censored:s off the better.

The owners of the stand are also the owners of the club, what is the problem?

The home support numbers on Saturday will be an indication of how disappointed the fans are with our transfer activity since Shez took over.

It will take more than the 3 Amigos to shake off the majority of the stalwart 3500 and Shez put on a1000 home support against Bury. We are due some luck with a manager - so is Corney.

There is no one at BP deliberately trying to sink the club but everyone has their limit financially.

I dragged myself to Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night and wished we'd had a match on Saturday - I couldn't have imagined either 3 weeks ago.

I'm looking forward to Saturday signings or no signings and don't see why anybody else would be any different

The owners of the stand are also the owners of the club, what is the problem?

Why are we paying rent on the stand / ground? If its one pot why are we doing that?

The owners are having a punt on making money from that stand. If it doesn't make money, it doesn't matter, they barely paid for it. Plus they've done ok selling every spare yard of land they could.

No longer owning the ground is the first step to this club being totally :censored:ed. Not one asset. No clear sign any real money from the stand will touch club funds.

If OEC run the stand brassbank own how can OAFC claim any of that money in terms of the financial fair play? We can't, therefore we can't spend it, therefore it's money OAFC won't see. Our debt to TTA doesn't appear to be shrinking either.

Why are we paying rent on the stand / ground? If its one pot why are we doing that?

The owners are having a punt on making money from that stand. If it doesn't make money, it doesn't matter, they barely paid for it. Plus they've done ok selling every spare yard of land they could.

No longer owning the ground is the first step to this club being totally :censored:ed. Not one asset. No clear sign any real money from the stand will touch club funds.

If OEC run the stand brassbank own how can OAFC claim any of that money in terms of the financial fair play? We can't, therefore we can't spend it, therefore it's money OAFC won't see. Our debt to TTA doesn't appear to be shrinking either.

Not owning the ground is not a good thing, that is true.

The stand and land grabs appear to be the only means to reduce the 'debt' that we 'owe' to them though.

Not owning the ground is not a good thing, that is true.

The stand and land grabs appear to be the only means to reduce the 'debt' that we 'owe' to them though.

At any point have they indicated that they're doing that to reduce the debt? Not to just make personal gains?

At any point have they indicated that they're doing that to reduce the debt? Not to just make personal gains?

I am amazed serious questions are not being asked of the owners & answers being demanded!

How low do we fall before we ask for the owners to be accountable & tell the fans their intentions for the club?

Or do they further asset strip before leaving the club?

I'm more cynical than most but I do think it has been built with fair(ish) intentions.

Always felt that they would be looking to see the benefits of it for 2-3 years then be looking to be away offering a much fairer valuation of the club.

I'm more cynical than most but I do think it has been built with fair(ish) intentions.

Always felt that they would be looking to see the benefits of it for 2-3 years then be looking to be away offering a much fairer valuation of the club.

So if you minus all the money brassbank has made from the land from the original debt that would be the fee for the club and the ground? Now even Ninda wouldn't believe that.

I can't see how the club will make much if it's just pies and bums on seats. Hopefully we'd get all sponsor board but the boxes? OEC seems to run the stand. Thats a different company to OAFC and therefore the football league won't factor their income into any financial fair play figures.

Guest nonaenever

If the owners etc. didn't care - they would have left us in freefall under Dunn wouldn't they? But they have appointed Shez who has made 2 astute signings in Palmer and Gerrard. Yes we'd like more but they will come - it doesn't honestly look like owners abandoning ship to me. The harsh reality is we get relatively few paying customers through the turnstiles and it's a vicious circle. Knock off season ticket holders from the 3,500 hardcore home support and what do you end up with ? Translate that into cash-flow and it's appalling. Good away support often saves the day as more adults at full price - cash at the gate. Reality unfortunately at the mo

I think this is a reasonable assumption. However, I cannot see any prospective buyer settling for anything less than the whole package i.e. football club & stadium & the land on which it sits. It then comes down to how much the various parties can agree the valuation and their individual shares.

So if you minus all the money brassbank has made from the land from the original debt that would be the fee for the club and the ground? Now even Ninda wouldn't believe that.

I can't see how the club will make much if it's just pies and bums on seats. Hopefully we'd get all sponsor board but the boxes? OEC seems to run the stand. Thats a different company to OAFC and therefore the football league won't factor their income into any financial fair play figures.

I wouldn't have a clue about the land sales so wouldn't want to guess about that.

I don't expect to see much if any of it put into the playing budget but hopefully we can see an end to the cashflow problems.

If the owners etc. didn't care - they would have left us in freefall under Dunn wouldn't they? But they have appointed Shez who has made 2 astute signings in Palmer and Gerrard. Yes we'd like more but they will come - it doesn't honestly look like owners abandoning ship to me. The harsh reality is we get relatively few paying customers through the turnstiles and it's a vicious circle. Knock off season ticket holders from the 3,500 hardcore home support and what do you end up with ? Translate that into cash-flow and it's appalling. Good away support often saves the day as more adults at full price - cash at the gate. Reality unfortunately at the mo

And we are fortunate this season with so many Northern clubs in the division, if we go down the 2nd division won't draw many away supporters.

I think this is a reasonable assumption. However, I cannot see any prospective buyer settling for anything less than the whole package i.e. football club & stadium & the land on which it sits. It then comes down to how much the various parties can agree the valuation and their individual shares.

Absolutely, no ground no sale.

Which is why I'm not too concerned about Brassbank and OEC.

Guest nonaenever

the missus bought me Carl Spiers' book, "Don't Look Back in Anger" at Xmas - reminded me how fierce the rivalry was with Bolton in the past - I remember a crowd of over 26,000 when we played them and thunderous noise throughout the match - oh for those atmospheres again!