Sheridan speaks about Transfer Window

But thats the point, why advertise the fact that we sold the clause, it'd be pointless trying to put clauses into other future sales if we are advertising to all the other clubs how easily we can be sold out.

cunning plan but the whole country knowing we had not paid the players is probably a clue to other clubs about finances at Oldham Athletic?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They have sat on the knowledge that this club will get nothing from the sale of Tarkowski, even during the 'where and when' he would be going to, 'not if', they said nothing. They gave a vague 'months ago' snippet in The Chron and I'm not interested in how much they sold out for.

I realise Simon Corney is absolutely desperate to get away from the club, but that doesn't excuse the patronising rubbish that is spouted. This ranks alongside claiming the North Stand will up and running at the start of the season, we're in February 2016 and it still isn't complete, please don't insult me by saying that they didn't know the stand wouldn't ready either.

This

Am I missing something here....we sell a football club asset for £150k and lose £500k on the deal so that it can fund a stand which the football club doesn't owe and worse still leases back! .....and I am expected to applaud the financial astuteness of the club?

Edited by Magister

Am I missing something here....we sell a football club asset for £150k and lose £500k on the deal so that it can fund a stand which the football club doesn't owe and worse still leases back! .....and I am expected to applaud the financial astuteness of the club?

I guess SC believes in the old 'bird in the hand' philosophy (Since Micah Richards).

Edited by BP1960

He's putting all his eggs into the North Stand basket.

Which on a completely different scale of magnitude is what Wenger did to finance the Emirates stadium - a number of seasons of spending low and selling top top talent to keep the stadium moving knowing that eventually it will pay back.

Sadly, 60,000 people is viable when you play like Arsenal. 6,000 when you play like us isn't.

Which on a completely different scale of magnitude is what Wenger did to finance the Emirates stadium - a number of seasons of spending low and selling top top talent to keep the stadium moving knowing that eventually it will pay back.

Sadly, 60,000 people is viable when you play like Arsenal. 6,000 when you play like us isn't.

He had the talent to sell, we have none anymore.

"This must be down to us having no cash"

Why does it have to be down to this?

Why can't it simply be because players don't want to come and play for a :censored: of a chairman?

Imagine these players spoke to the likes of rhys murphy etc and said "how did the fans treat you at the club"

Think about that

Imagine these players spoke to the likes of rhys murphy etc and said "how did the fans treat you at the club"

Think about that

I've no doubt that happens too. Once remember Chris Taylor telling me in Legends how Neal Eardley was gutted at the abuse our idiots (my words, not his) gave him and he went from loving the club to being relieved to leave in the end.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I've no doubt that happens too. Once remember Chris Taylor telling me in Legends how Neal Eardley was gutted at the abuse our idiots (my words, not his) gave him and he went from loving the club to being relieved to leave in the end.

Watched us at Dale once and took the Mrs. She was amazed at all the crap given out to Eardley and asked why.

I replied that she knew more about football than they did. She took it as a compliment!

Watched us at Dale once and took the Mrs. She was amazed at all the crap given out to Eardley and asked why.

I replied that she knew more about football than they did. She took it as a compliment!

Fans goodwill, enthusiasm , interest, hope is what brings meaning to a football club and that is the goose he is in danger of killing?.....and then we will be stuffed

The home support numbers on Saturday will be an indication of how disappointed the fans are with our transfer activity since Shez took over.

It will take more than the 3 Amigos to shake off the majority of the stalwart 3500 and Shez put on a1000 home support against Bury. We are due some luck with a manager - so is Corney.

There is no one at BP deliberately trying to sink the club but everyone has their limit financially.

My 8 year old daughter went for a season thinking his first name was Bloody hell