Sheridan speaks about Transfer Window

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems they want Shez to be the PR man as well as his other duties, because they are desperate to keep the 'feel good' factor about Shez coming back, Gerrard signing, the Shrewsbury win, but this 'deafening silence' about selling Tarky's sell-on clause has just about flattened it. It seems it was done 'months ago', I really am re-considering my future as a season ticket holder, because I am fed up with being treated like a mug.

I truly believed we had turned a corner with the owners\fans relationship after the GMR interview, but it's clear we've been spoon-fed the same old BS.

I read it as probably feeling disappointed that didn't get more from the window, but has other irons in the fire re: loans and non contract and specifically wants a forward.

Unlikely to get one in for the Blackpool game though.

Which is totally contradictory to what he said last week.

It seems they want Shez to be the PR man as well as his other duties, because they are desperate to keep the 'feel good' factor about Shez coming back, Gerrard signing, the Shrewsbury win, but this 'deafening silence' about selling Tarky's sell-on clause has just about flattened it. It seems it was done 'months ago', I really am re-considering my future as a season ticket holder, because I am fed up with being treated like a mug.

I truly believed we had turned a corner with the owners\fans relationship after the GMR interview, but it's clear we've been spoon-fed the same old BS.

Agree with this 100%, I hold the same opinion and position.

I think Sheriden, a couple of good additions and a critical 6 pointer far out way not getting as much of a bonus windfall as we thought. I think it needs some perspective - also whilst I expect openness (Shez's comments here are positive in that score) at times, it is also a business decision.

If the club did make the decision to take £150k last month then it's reasonable that they don't want that publicising - not due to rampant paranoia and incompetence reasons, but because if they are in the same situation again in the future they don't want other clubs to know we will always take the bird in the hand option.

Which is totally contradictory to what he said last week.

But he explains this. It's one game, and better to get the right player a few days later than anyone to meet the deadline of the Blackpool game.

Seems open, honest and fair to me.

I think Sheriden, a couple of good additions and a critical 6 pointer far out way not getting as much of a bonus windfall as we thought. I think it needs some perspective - also whilst I expect openness (Shez's comments here are positive in that score) at times, it is also a business decision.

If the club did make the decision to take £150k last month then it's reasonable that they don't want that publicising - not due to rampant paranoia and incompetence reasons, but because if they are in the same situation again in the future they don't want other clubs to know we will always take the bird in the hand option.

We don't know if it was last week, last month, last year.

Funny that.

The problem is we have been searching for a striker for months! Dunn couldn't solve it and shez has the same problem. This must be down to us having no cash, we will probably sign a striker who can't get fixed up elsewhere and is prepared to play a few months with us for bugger all.

But he explains this. It's one game, and better to get the right player a few days later than anyone to meet the deadline of the Blackpool game.

Seems open, honest and fair to me.

Good job he's a legend then cos if it was the previous manager he'd be hung drawn and quartered for saying it. Not that he would've cos whatever else he was he wasn;t a yes-man.

The problem is we have been searching for a striker for months! Dunn couldn't solve it and shez has the same problem. This must be down to us having no cash, we will probably sign a striker who can't get fixed up elsewhere and is prepared to play a few months with us for bugger all.

Have to agree with that.

and ... the longer we leave it, the worse it can get.

- The number of games left to make up the gap diminishes.

- The cashflow gets worse and less money to attract anyone

- The players morale worsens

We don't know if it was last week, last month, last year.

Funny that.

But thats the point, why advertise the fact that we sold the clause, it'd be pointless trying to put clauses into other future sales if we are advertising to all the other clubs how easily we can be sold out.

But thats the point, why advertise the fact that we sold the clause, it'd be pointless trying to put clauses into other future sales if we are advertising to all the other clubs how easily we can be sold out.

Nothing has been sold, the full amount will be making its way across the Atlantic in due course.

They have sat on the knowledge that this club will get nothing from the sale of Tarkowski, even during the 'where and when' he would be going to, 'not i'f, they said nothing. They gave a vague 'months ago' snippet in The Chron and I'm not interested in how much they sold out for.

I realise Simon Corney is absolutely desperate to get away from the club, but that doesn't excuse the patronising rubbish that is spouted. This ranks alongside claiming the North Stand will up and running at the start of the season, we're in February 2016 and it still isn't complete, please don't insult me by saying that they didn't know the stand wouldn't ready either.

They have sat on the knowledge that this club will get nothing from the sale of Tarkowski, even during the 'where and when' he would be going to, 'not if', they said nothing. They gave a vague 'months ago' snippet in The Chron and I'm not interested in how much they sold out for.

I realise Simon Corney is absolutely desperate to get away from the club, but that doesn't excuse the patronising rubbish that is spouted. This ranks alongside claiming the North Stand will up and running at the start of the season, we're in February 2016 and it still isn't complete, please don't insult me by saying that they didn't know the stand wouldn't ready either.

Good job he's a legend then cos if it was the previous manager he'd be hung drawn and quartered for saying it. Not that he would've cos whatever else he was he wasn;t a yes-man.

Ah you mean the last bloke who said we needed a CB desperately and did nothing about it. Unlike sheridan who had one in within how long? Dunn was full of :censored: and I wouldn't trust him to pick an outfit from my wardrobe never mind players to keep this club up. If sheridan says he is happy then that's good enough for me. If we go down then people can say he's wrong. Till then do us all a favour and shhh. You have an unhealthy obsession with Dunn. You turn most of your comments on this forum towards licking his arse

???????????

Read that several times and am still baffled!

business in not disclosing to its competitors that its struggling shocker !