Service Avatars and Sigs

thetramfixer

Understood the grandad implication, but I thought it was an ideal chance to do the proud grandparent bit. By the way has anyone done a general trawl of the OWTB membership to see how many ex/serving servicemen we have in our ranks. When I was at RAF Waddington there were 2 other Latics fans there, might be interesting.

well we seem to have three so far....

mind you on e-goat (RAF site) there is one or two on there....

mods.... can we have our own sort of badge????

No problem with the group badge. I could put you in an ex-servicemen group as well if you wanted, just for good measure. How would you use the group badge Tramdriver? As an avatar?

?????????

you've lost me buddy!

nah... i've figured out what you mean.... yeah avatar would be good!! it could then be tailored to the service as well .. ie RAF/navy/army etc

Edited by thetramdriver

Woodland DPM:

owtb2parawooddpmtj1.gif

and Dessie DPM:

owtb2paradesdpmac9.gif

So I can adapt these to suit your service...

us RAF types have multi units... so i will use my final one...

617sqn.. the dambusters we were based in scotland if that adds to the background... but desert is good too

i have pics of the famous bouncing bomb too...let me know if you want it

cheers rummy

Here you go...

617vq2.gif

that pic has one or two of my mates on that!!! it was done as an anniversary for the sqn itself... just so happened the sqn was at war, very much like the real reason why it was formed in the first place...

excellent avatar mate.... BUT.. that is a picture of a buccanear!! that was my previous sqn, (last person to be posted to a bucc sqn BTW!)

i have literally 100's of tonka pics, most in 617 markings too if you fancy altering it?? hope i dont seem rude mate!! far from it as the avatar is the dogs danglies apart from that one slight error!!

Do you have any pics of mk11 hyd rigs or 48kw generators? :D

ah the mk11.... cleaned a few gallons of OH15 (?) up cause of them... have seen one or two somewhere !! give me a day or so and i'll try a get it for ya!!

just checked...it isnt as good a pic as i thought...

Edited by thetramdriver

ah the mk11.... cleaned a few gallons of OH15 (?) up cause of them... have seen one or two somewhere !! give me a day or so and i'll try a get it for ya!!

Only because you lot had fingers like pigs tits. Treat them as you would your lady and they were fine. Except in warm weather, rain, cold weather and when Lineys wanted to shoot off home early.

How about some AWACS pictures? I was on both 8 & 23 Sqns during my time at Waddington. Great days, loads of travel, but often meant I couln't get to matches!

I'll see if I can do a 23AWACS as soon as....

By the way - I'll be splitting my graphics bits and responses from the original Falklands 25 thread just to clean it up - later on mind.

The Graphics bit then can be found in the graphics forum...