2016 Budget Lower Than Last Years

Do playershare reveal to the club what is in the kitty?

I don't know, that's probably a question for the Playershare committee. I've no doubt that many fans who would be willing to contribute are dissuaded from subscribing to the scheme because of the reason that I mentioned in the previous post.

Playershare is undoubtedly helpful to the club. My only issue is that if fans were to contribute considerably to playershare, that Corney would cut the wage budget further on the premise that a healthy sum was coming into the club via Playershare funds. Basically we would not see the benefits of the scheme.

Good point hence people will not contribute because of this factor a vicious circle.

Could the club not blanket email all ST holders or use the local press to reach out to ST holders to really push Playershare?

The Trust could lead this whereby we aim for every ST holder to pledge £1-£2 a week (any afleunt fans pledging greater) into a player funding scheme. The Trust then work directly with Neil Joy and the new manager to fund 1 or 2 possibly even 3 or 4 additions to the squad on condition that this fund is ring-fenced from the clubs own playing budget and that the existing playing budget funded by the club isn't cut because us fans have boosted the funding of new players.

Perhaps even Playershare in conjunction with the more affluent fans funds the purchase of players whereby the resale amount is reinvested into the Playershare fund making into a non-profit scheme purely to achieve a degree of self-sufficiency into the club that is ringfenced from club finances.

I'd happily pay more into the scheme if it guaranteed ongoing investment into the playing side with full transparency to members of the Playershare committee.

Perhaps even Playershare in conjunction with the more affluent fans funds the purchase of players whereby the resale amount is reinvested into the Playershare fund making into a non-profit scheme purely to achieve a degree of self-sufficiency into the club that is ringfenced from club finances.

I'd happily pay more into the scheme if it guaranteed ongoing investment into the playing side with full transparency to members of the Playershare committee.

Illegal under third party ownership rules.

Could the club not blanket email all ST holders or use the local press to reach out to ST holders to really push Playershare?

The Trust could lead this whereby we aim for every ST holder to pledge £1-£2 a week (any afleunt fans pledging greater) into a player funding scheme. The Trust then work directly with Neil Joy and the new manager to fund 1 or 2 possibly even 3 or 4 additions to the squad on condition that this fund is ring-fenced from the clubs own playing budget and that the existing playing budget funded by the club isn't cut because us fans have boosted the funding of new players.

The weakness in the sceme is that the club won't sign a player contract until they have accrued enough money to pay the full term of the agreement.

I.e the club can't sign a contract for two players on 1,000 a week until 104,000 is in the bank. They would be daft to as fans aren't contracted to commit their £1 every week for a year. Therefore the likelihood is we wouldn't have the budget until next season.

Fans will drop off in their commitments if half way through a season we aren't performing on the pitch...too much risk