Oldham v Oxford United - Programme Help

Hi

A bit of a long shot. I’m a collector of Oxford United football programmes from 1960 – present day. I’m trying to find the following programme

22/03/1975 - Oldham Athletic v Oxford United - I believe that there is three different versions of this programme (Unless anyone knows differently), two with action shots in the word latics down the side of the programme cover and one with just plain white in the word latics. The one I’m looking for is the one with plain white in the word latics

Any help in pointing me in the right direction to being able to get any information or to be able to get hold of a copy would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

Richard

That is amost correct.

There where three base covers printed at the start of the season and the match details printed on top for each game.

At the start of the season a different base was used for each game but around November different covers started to be used for the same game.

After the Manchester United game at Christmas all three covers where used for each game.

The white ones (albino) are printer errors..

I've got copies for this match and am happy to discuss letting you have the white version - it has punch holes but otherwise very good.

The front cover has, as you say, the action photos missing from the word Latics and also just a blank outline of the 3rd Div trophy which Latics won the previous season.

The back cover, an advert for Lees Lager, similarly ha the photos missing.

PM me and we can talk!

That is amost correct.

There where three base covers printed at the start of the season and the match details printed on top for each game.

At the start of the season a different base was used for each game but around November different covers started to be used for the same game.

After the Manchester United game at Christmas all three covers where used for each game.

The white ones (albino) are printer errors..

Thanks for that information. I guess from what you have said that there is in fact two programmes I don't have.

Thanks

Richard

I've got copies for this match and am happy to discuss letting you have the white version - it has punch holes but otherwise very good.

The front cover has, as you say, the action photos missing from the word Latics and also just a blank outline of the 3rd Div trophy which Latics won the previous season.

The back cover, an advert for Lees Lager, similarly ha the photos missing.

PM me and we can talk!

You have a pm

Thanks

Richard

The three versions are

1 in letter I prominent is Maurice Whittle

2 in letter C player with trophy

3 in letter C Ford Stand in background

Would be interested if collectors could send me a list of what they have so I can add them to my record of existing.

Also the Bolton Wanderers postponed game on 3 DEcember - there is a programme for that game

Lastly the 88/89 season programmes have some games with upto three covers althouh the Oxford game that season is eartly doors and Ive only seen one with Tommy Wright on cover.

Richard -- do you collect teamsheets and can you advise best place to get hold of some on Saturday?

The three versions are

1 in letter I prominent is Maurice Whittle

2 in letter C player with trophy

3 in letter C Ford Stand in background

Would be interested if collectors could send me a list of what they have so I can add them to my record of existing.

Also the Bolton Wanderers postponed game on 3 DEcember - there is a programme for that game

Lastly the 88/89 season programmes have some games with upto three covers althouh the Oxford game that season is eartly doors and Ive only seen one with Tommy Wright on cover.

Richard -- do you collect teamsheets and can you advise best place to get hold of some on Saturday?

The easiest way I remember which ones I have from the letter I, one has four players in it and the other has a player appearing to do a diving header. If anyone has a copy of the other one I'd be interested as well as the white one.

I'm only aware of one from the 88/89 season also.

I don't collect teamsheets, not enough space with my 4500 programmes as well. I will send you a PM with contact details of someone who might be able to help you with getting a teamsheet though.

Thanks

Richard

Gary, P.s.

Have got two versions of the progs v Portsmouth, Bristol City & Hull

All one version with as per Oxford I described above. Pompey & Bristol second versions have in letter I a photo of Latics playing at West Brom and in C Latics scoring at Chaddy End with Ford Stand in background. The Hull second version has George Jones diving header in I and Dick Mulvaney leading team out with trophy in C

Here is the list of programmes from this season I have. Would be interested in acquiring any others that are missing

Latics 74/75 Home programmes

Date

Opponent

Maurice Whittle (I)

Div 3 Trophy ©

Ford Stand

©

17 August

1 - Sheffield Wednesday

31 August

2 - Bristol City

Tm