League Tables 24.01.2017

Bristolatic

Rearranged games seem to cause a bit of a problem. Some posts in the Peterborough thread advised where some amendments were needed, but not everyone noticed. So, here's where a few things went wrong.

There were double posts from Andy-latic, GlossopLatic, underdog and a259, so the first post only counts. Not all suffered because of this. Laticsbiffo edited his post 4 minutes before kick-off, so it doesn't count and neither does that of Oafc1895 because he posted 5 minutes before kick-off. Not that it would have counted anyway as he forecast a 1-2 defeat, but Latics would be winning 2-0 at half time. opinions4u didn't notice that he had predicted Ladapo to score (not the only one, by the way, but not easy as Ladapo is at Shrewsbury), except that he also predicted a 0-0 draw.

Premier League

disjointed surrenders the top spot to nzlatic, but only 6 other players moved and, only then, by 1 place up or down. No one had the first scorer correct (hardly surprising) and there were no attendance points scored. Given that the attendance figure was something of a lottery, no real shocks there.

x4nJKt1.jpg?2

pEfmSG8.jpg?2

Championship

No attendance ponts again, but the highest climber was underdog, up to 6th (see what I mean about only the first prediction counts? It was better than the second effort!), but the top 5 all stay the same. Apart from GlossopLatic (1st post counts again) who moved up two, no one else shifted places by more than one. There were no predictions from BJBlue and MAC0AFC

mWIu8HJ.jpg?2

byZbCrR.jpg?2

Huge facepalm moment for disjointed. It's not a capital crime in predicting to panic...but it is a capital crime to let your opponents know you're panicking. Those old questions about his resilience and adaptability just keep coming back don't they?

For those asking, if I had to put money on one player to win it, I'd probably go with Carl Waters.

Huge facepalm moment for disjointed. It's not a capital crime in predicting to panic...but it is a capital crime to let your opponents know you're panicking. Those old questions about his resilience and adaptability just keep coming back don't they?

For those asking, if I had to put money on one player to win it, I'd probably go with Carl Waters.

Pinch of salt springs to mind. In 2nd place with just under half the season to go, everyone else in the league would have took that bar one. Come back after Easter and have a look, going to be a thriller that's for sure.

Pinch of salt springs to mind. In 2nd place with just under half the season to go, everyone else in the league would have took that bar one. Come back after Easter and have a look, going to be a thriller that's for sure.

Whatever it is...it's not a thriller. Last season...when I won it...you had big names fighting it out at the top, with two upstarts (Harry Bosch, lookerstandandy) there or thereabouts. The top spot was changing hands weekly...until I hit the top and started to pile in with the 8-pointers and 11-pointers, until that final helicopter Sunday, when I emotionally took the crown from nzlatic in dramatic circumstances (I think it was him, but no one remembers who came second).

Whatever it is...it's not a thriller. Last season...when I won it...you had big names fighting it out at the top, with two upstarts (Harry Bosch, lookerstandandy) there or thereabouts. The top spot was changing hands weekly...until I hit the top and started to pile in with the 8-pointers and 11-pointers, until that final helicopter Sunday, when I emotionally took the crown from nzlatic in dramatic circumstances (I think it was him, but no one remembers who came second).

Loved helicopter Sunday last season, lots of fun.

Helped by me being totally oblivious to the season long prediciton points yet to be allocated that would see me sink like a stone as I hadn't even entered.

Loved helicopter Sunday last season, lots of fun.

Helped by me being totally oblivious to the season long prediciton points yet to be allocated that would see me sink like a stone as I hadn't even entered.

Like Federer said today about Nadal - I'd happily have shared the crown with such a worthy opponent...but predicting is a tough game. Good camaraderie at the end as well.