The Play-offs

After Wimbledon, the play-offs are looming, so here's a quick reminder of how it will work.

Players in the Prediction League Championship who finish the season in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th positions will be "paired" with teams finishing in the same positions in actual League 1. They will predict the outcomes of the two legs in the same fashion as the normal season and points will be scored in exactly the same way. The players with the most aggregate points from each semi-final will play each other in the Final by predicting the outcome of the League 1 Final, again in the same fashion. The player with the highest points will be promoted to next season's Premier League.

If the season were to finish now, this is how it would go:

BP1960 (3rd) and youngen (6th) would each predict the outcome of Fleetwood (3rd) v Millwall (6th) in each leg. dave_ragg1984 (4th) and a259 (5th) would each predict the outcome of Scunthorpe (4th) v Bradford (5th) in each leg. Remember to post in the order of home v away teams in each leg.

Predictions for first scorer will be for which player you believe will score first irrespective of which team they play for.

The first leg could look like this for BP1960 or youngen - Fleetwood 1-2 Millwall (HT 1-1) - Morrison (Millwall) - 6,823 

League One Play-off dates:

Semi-Finals first legs: 4 May (19:45 kick off)
Semi-Finals second legs: 7 May (18:30 kick off)
Final: 20 May (15:00 kick off) - Wembley

Good luck. The promised land of the Premier League for next season beckons.

Any queries? Please PM me.

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, disjointed said:

Well done for those that thought this up. Add's extra spice to an already red hot prediction league. Shame we have done away with last seasons format which caused so much controversy. If only for entertainment value alone.

Good point well made but you might need a bigger hook:lol:

There's a new thread for each of the semi-finals. Please make sure you make your predictions in the correct games and, as always, no later than 10 minutes before kick-off. Good luck.

youngen, I've sent you a PM. I did the four new threads before I saw your post above.

Edited by Bristolatic

11 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

There's a new thread for each of the semi-finals. Please make sure you make your predictions in the correct games and, as always, no later than 10 minutes before kick-off. Good luck.

youngen, I've sent you a PM. I did the four new threads before I saw your post above.

I've moved youngen's prediction into the appropriate thread (after much fannying about - it doesn't work the way it used to before we updated the site!).  Cheers Pete.