6 league games plus Bradford or Chesterfield in the EFL Trophy:

Southend A

Northampton H

Doncaster A

Plymouth A

Fleetwood H

Bristol Rovers H

Fleetwood in 11th are the highest placed team we play so all the games are winnable, but I think the last 2 games have proven it's not going to be easy to break teams down now as they will be expecting the attacking force that we offer.  Even Northampton, who are probably the easiest home game there on paper, have talented players who will provide a difficult test.

If we get 9 points going into January I'll be confident enough of us getting the 6 or so wins needed for survival even if we don't renew the loans of Doyle, Byrne and Bryan.  But I think we certainly have it in us to get double figures.  Wellens needs to show that he has the tactical flexibility to break teams down if the current way doesn't work.

Didn't go to Gillingham but I don't really think "breaking teams down"applies to the draw against afc. We carved them open for fun just lacked the finish. Not much wellens can do with that. If be more than happy if he approached every game like that cos more often than not you will score

Edited by philliggi

So not a great start yesterday.

The Bradford game is important financially, but I'd want us to try something a bit different for it, maybe a 4-2-3-1.  Some comments that teams seem to have figured us out tactically and 3 games without a goal is a concern, especially going into a month that could yield a good points return before the uncertainty of January.

I'd try:

Placide

Dummigan

Gerrard

Bryan

Hunt

Fane

Gardner

Queensy

Byrne

Nepomuceno

Doyle

It could be a risk not playing Davies as his partnership with Doyle has helped both of them, but I think the attacking midfield 3 will benefit from finding opportunities of the counter attack.

23 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

So not a great start yesterday.

The Bradford game is important financially, but I'd want us to try something a bit different for it, maybe a 4-2-3-1.  Some comments that teams seem to have figured us out tactically and 3 games without a goal is a concern, especially going into a month that could yield a good points return before the uncertainty of January.

I'd try:

Placide

Dummigan

Gerrard

Bryan

Hunt

Fane

Gardner

Queensy

Byrne

Nepomuceno

Doyle

It could be a risk not playing Davies as his partnership with Doyle has helped both of them, but I think the attacking midfield 3 will benefit from finding opportunities of the counter attack.

Strong team that, maybe save it for a real match?