Trust August Review - Link attached

underdog

I’m loathe to criticise the Trust, as a group of volunteers, who are in a difficult position trying to work with a megalomaniac owner. 

However, a few observations: 

- whilst I’m absolutely on board with the stance on violence, I’m not sure why that needed to be part of the Trust update - it just comes across as Barry-esque;

- the statement makes the point of saying that the club doesn’t have the types of debts and mortgages that have seen Bolton and Bury in their current predicament but later sets out that they have no real insight into why debentures are still registered at Companies House;

- I can’t get my head around why the accounts meeting, which was to involve an accountant, went ahead without said accountant, nor why a date couldn’t have immediately been fixed for the supposed follow up which will involve the accountant;

- I don’t understand the excuse of the Bosman Ruling in the statement. That Ruling is over twenty-five years old. It is by no means a recent change. And, contrary to the point being made, Latics sold a player for £650-750k a matter of weeks ago;

- I’m amazed that Darren, or any member of the Trust, is comfortable taking a director position on the board of the club;

- I can’t help wondering how long it will be, and what it will take, before the Trust takes some sort of stand against the Lemsagams.

This is not going to end well.  

1 hour ago, Stevie_J said:

I’m loathe to criticise the Trust, as a group of volunteers, who are in a difficult position trying to work with a megalomaniac owner. 

However, a few observations: 

- whilst I’m absolutely on board with the stance on violence, I’m not sure why that needed to be part of the Trust update - it just comes across as Barry-esque;

- the statement makes the point of saying that the club doesn’t have the types of debts and mortgages that have seen Bolton and Bury in their current predicament but later sets out that they have no real insight into why debentures are still registered at Companies House;

- I can’t get my head around why the accounts meeting, which was to involve an accountant, went ahead without said accountant, nor why a date couldn’t have immediately been fixed for the supposed follow up which will involve the accountant;

- I don’t understand the excuse of the Bosman Ruling in the statement. That Ruling is over twenty-five years old. It is by no means a recent change. And, contrary to the point being made, Latics sold a player for £650-750k a matter of weeks ago;

- I’m amazed that Darren, or any member of the Trust, is comfortable taking a director position on the board of the club;

- I can’t help wondering how long it will be, and what it will take, before the Trust takes some sort of stand against the Lemsagams.

This is not going to end well.  

How dare you. Volunteers. Lives outside of Latics. Etc

Archived