Getting ready for the new season!

Beardy

Hopefully now we have more and more fans on board, this feature will be utilised quite a lot.

If you are unaware how it will work, feel free to ask when the season begins, allthough once your in its quite straightforward.

Regards

Beardy

Hopefully now we have more and more fans on board, this feature will be utilised quite a lot.

I hope it's only used by the few who find it absolutely impossible to get to BP. Everyone else should make the effort to support the lads and TTA - you know it makes sense! :chubb:

I hope it's only used by the few who find it absolutely impossible to get to BP. Everyone else should make the effort to support the lads and TTA - you know it makes sense! :chubb:

Diego! Much as I love the Oldham, I also like London and married life. Mrs. 24hours would never stand for me going to Boundary Park every other week, not least because she absolutely despises football. I plan to go to every game, home and away, in the 2010-11 season, which Mrs. Tulse knows and accepts. Until then, I must scratch and bite for every football moment I can get which, this season, will include about 15 games, not counting the various funerals and family emergencies that I shall invent in order to "visit Oldham" on certain Saturdays. Am I a fan?

Diego! Much as I love the Oldham, I also like London and married life. Mrs. 24hours would never stand for me going to Boundary Park every other week, not least because she absolutely despises football. I plan to go to every game, home and away, in the 2010-11 season, which Mrs. Tulse knows and accepts. Until then, I must scratch and bite for every football moment I can get which, this season, will include about 15 games, not counting the various funerals and family emergencies that I shall invent in order to "visit Oldham" on certain Saturdays. Am I a fan?

Of course you're a fan! We have lots of fans who don't go to matches very often, for various reasons. The price they pay is having to listen to Big Gordon's commentary! :D

However, the thought crosses my mind :thinking2: did he marry the right girl? :gorgeous: Shouldn't he have established the ground rules about attending Latics' matches before she lured him? :shakeit:

Does your contract :deal: with Mrs 24 hours come to an end in time for the 2010-11 season, or are you moving out of London before all those crowds arrive for the Olympics?

Guest oa_exile

It is difficult for a lot of people to attend matches , it's called life !

"Told" Mrs Exile i will be going to Barrow tomorrow and the reaction :blink: from her :angry::censored::behead:

Good job i havent told her it's "only" a friendly :grin:

Ahem , here starts yet another season of

Mrs Exile :rifle::peepwall: Exile

It is difficult for a lot of people to attend matches , it's called life !

"Told" Mrs Exile i will be going to Barrow tomorrow and the reaction :blink: from her :angry::censored::behead:

Good job i havent told her it's "only" a friendly :grin:

Ahem , here starts yet another season of

Mrs Exile :rifle::peepwall: Exile

Even if it means taking her with me to Prague and Amsterdam, it makes me realise how lucky I am to have a Latics-supporting spouse! Mind you I checked her credentials before agreeing to marry her!! :wink:

Guest oa_exile
Even if it means taking her with me to Prague and Amsterdam, it makes me realise how lucky I am to have a Latics-supporting spouse! Mind you I checked her credentials before agreeing to marry her!! :wink:

I appreciate that what your saying Diego BUT , we both work (I often am away from my homestead) , which can be a problem as when i come home and i want to then spend my Saturday and sometimes midweek again away from home.

As i said "Life" unfortunately doesnt revolve around Latics.I have two kids who also need their Dad (and i need them in my life).

I certainly stretch it to the full extent though ^_^

.........Anyway the OWTB Matchday Live also gives fans who cannot get to the game (For what ever reason) a chance to interact with fellow Latics fans instead of just listening on the Radio.

From what i saw and heard from other members it was very succesfull last season.

Of course you're a fan! We have lots of fans who don't go to matches very often, for various reasons. The price they pay is having to listen to Big Gordon's commentary! :D

However, the thought crosses my mind :thinking2: did he marry the right girl? :gorgeous: Shouldn't he have established the ground rules about attending Latics' matches before she lured him? :shakeit:

Does your contract :deal: with Mrs 24 hours come to an end in time for the 2010-11 season, or are you moving out of London before all those crowds arrive for the Olympics?

Big Gordon ain't that bad. I will never forget the commentary from the final few moments of Scunthorpe away last season, not least because I enterprisingly recorded it on my phone and use it as a ring tone.

Mrs. 24hours has a rolling contract, rather than one of those permanent ones that cause so much trouble when they are coming to an end (cf Porter). I'm working on her night and day before the 2010-11 season, and might well wear her down.

Big Gordon ain't that bad. I will never forget the commentary from the final few moments of Scunthorpe away last season, not least because I enterprisingly recorded it on my phone and use it as a ring tone.

Mrs. 24hours has a rolling contract, rather than one of those permanent ones that cause so much trouble when they are coming to an end (cf Porter). I'm working on her night and day before the 2010-11 season, and might well wear her down.

Mrs Bigfin used to be like that.... until she realised it is far easier to embrace it and let me go to the games.... in stead of experiencing the pent up angry bigfin not at the games....

However, this season I dont have a season ticket.... so may be harder to convince her of the necessity to attend EVERY game....

"Walsall at home... what do you mean thats a CRUCIAL game...!!!"

It's difficult getting to many home games as Mrs Bristolatic is disabled (she has Multiple Sclerosis) and I can't leave her every week. But it's virtually every away game south of Brirmingham (Walsall is now south of Birmingham for that very purpose), An old mate of mine and I try to make Boundary Park 3 or 4 times a season but a series of operations (mine) reduced us to just two games last season. :disappointed:

This time around, we are up and running and, oddly enough, Walsall away will be our first match.:bblue2: The commentary on Latics World is a great way of keeping in touch on match days and the Kent Wells / Tom Hill partnership is very good. Now I have found this site, that's another bonus when I can't get there. :OWTB1:

And tomorrow night is the inaugural meeting of BOAST!! :gathering2: so we may find ways of getting to more games than before. :wink:

Glad that we can be of benefit to you Bristolatic, and better still - you're a founder of a new Latics Supporters club, which will enable you guys down there to effectively organise your footy arrangements together. I'm sure Markoasis and the OASIS clan will help you guys out with anything you need.

I hope the meet goes well, and the minutes don't get forgotten in a cider haze!

:grin:

Likewise

Its expensive by the time the car has had its fill Entrance x 2 As Dad i always seem to end up paying (can't seem to walk past the shop without indulging) All told that's about £120 per home game

Just as bad can't drink and drive still manage 10 home games

My lad who is just as keen as me has passed his test so we probaly will share the driving if i can pluck up the courage to sit in with a boy racer.May-be he might pay for me ( i don't think so)

Still there is Big Lad Gordan i have to have the headsets on the old girl can't stand his tones