BPAS PODCAST: 28th Jun '21 Episode 41: One Board Seat vs 3,000

6 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Is it because they've not got a bunch of pussies running their trust?

I rest my case.

We don’t have huge numbers of people with talent and the skill set to do things properly. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/10/2021 at 11:07 PM, Andy b said:

They’ve gained the trust and respect of the fan base in a short space of time. They are in a

strong position to be an effective body which represents fans going forward. The present trust is a long way from that. 

what exactly did you expect PtB to have been able to achieve in 18 months? 

Thanks for the considered reply which has generated some good discussion.

League one mentions a long list of what he/she considers achievements but they are exclusively for the fans-eg podcasts, petitions etc.

When I question what PTB has achieved I mean in actually changing the clubs direction, something The Trust has been roundly criticised for failing to do but PTB seem able to avoid this. Something Singe alludes to I think.

Can I ask if PTB  continue to try to get Trust representation are they intending to tell us what they intend to do with their 3% before any vote takes place?

On 7/10/2021 at 10:53 PM, Andy b said:

As ever you entirely miss the point. The trust is only as effective as the people on it. If you don’t believe in the concept of the trust, then don’t spend so much energy moaning about it. If you believe it could have a purpose then get involved and make it better. You won’t though. 

You are a classic keyboard warrior and typical Oldham fan to be honest. All mouth 

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andy though I disagree. I met with Simon Brooke and Diane from the Trust with some ideas and feedback to them - all ignored. I travelled to Altrincham to meet with you and liked what you said about the Trust "about to change" - they never did - and you subsequently departed from the Trust I think. I spent hour after hour arranging a fans' meeting with Simon Corney and other members of the board. I raised over 10k for the club during the Moore debacle..... I could go on.... but then again I`m just a keyboard warrior and "all mouth" apparently.

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Thanks for the constructive feedback, Andy though I disagree. I met with Simon Brooke and Diane from the Trust with some ideas and feedback to them - all ignored. I travelled to Altrincham to meet with you and liked what you said about the Trust "about to change" - they never did - and you subsequently departed from the Trust I think. I spent hour after hour arranging a fans' meeting with Simon Corney and other members of the board. I raised over 10k for the club during the Moore debacle..... I could go on.... but then again I`m just a keyboard warrior and "all mouth" apparently.

Great well done. Telling others how it should be done is the easy bit. And it seems to be what everyone is very good at. It’s not enough though is it. 

Archived