Venue : Victoria Park

Match result:

Optional Post Template:

1. Referee Consistency :

2. Match Control :

3. Decision Making :

4. Positioning/ Fitness :

5. Any Other Comments :

you had to see this to believe it not only from him but the asisstant nearest to us - i really dont think in watchin football for 30 years to my knowledge a more one sided referee, mr shoebridge so take copy of the game and join in hanging his head in shame.

it really did smell and tht is not sour grapes, because the penalty he gave was dodgy(like carlisle) and should ofawarded one to them in the second half, about the onlty decision he didnt gave them, is consitancy was drivel for intstance booking macca for allegedly diving and when they did gave them a free kick it was so bad it was untrue

A clown of the highest order. We played a Championship side midweek and so were treated to a decent referee. Back to League One standards though yesterday.

A complete homer who gave every meaningful decision to Hartlepool. Gregan and co played under basket-ball rules and any contact whatsoever with a Hartlepool player was punished by a free kick. Hartlepool however were allowed to push and foul without being penalised.

To cap it all, the penalty was a complete joke. I thought so at the time and I have watched it several times since. The timing made it a massive decision and while we deserved nothing from the game, it made the match effectively over at half-time.

Why do we not get homers like this at Boundary Park?

I knew we woud see worse after Carlisle which is why the guy that day got a point from me. Congratulations Mr Shoebridge on being my first "zero".

Poor, very poor.

Most telling moment of his game was early in the second half when he waved away Hartlepool penalty appeals for a blatant trip by Gregan. Absolute stonewall penalty. (I was on the front row, 5 yards away). That says all you need to know. The ref knew damn well he'd screwed up with the penalty decision in the first half.

A good referee should NEVER on any account try to make amends for an earlier mistake - it only makes things worse.

Apart from that, very inconsistent throughout.

The only consolation is that we got an absolute shocker of a ref out of the way in a game where his performance had no bearing whatsoever on the result. We'd have got battered yesterday with Chaddy reffing.

1. Referee Consistency : 5/5. He was consitantly poor.

2. Match Control : 3/5 Didn't lose control, but the game ebbed out once he gave the penalty.

3. Decision Making : -1000000/10. Got every major decision wrong. At least the chump at Carlisle got the decisions in favour of Carlisle correct.

4. Positioning/ Fitness : 4/5. No problems.

5. Any Other Comments :

A very poor referee. He wasn't biased but got major decisions wrong.

Nobody has any idea why the penalty was given. The Pools fans have no idea. It just wasn't a penalty.

The not given penalty was almost as much a stick on as Davies' at Carlisle. Absolute certainty.

McDonald. Got done for diving. An absolute disgrace considering his positioning Had his legs swiped. Can't think where the ref was looking.

The fourth goal. Definate foul on Bertrand. I'll put this down to the lino as he was nearer.

1. Referee Consistency : 5/5. He was consitantly poor.

2. Match Control : 3/5 Didn't lose control, but the game ebbed out once he gave the penalty.

3. Decision Making : -1000000/10. Got every major decision wrong. At least the chump at Carlisle got the decisions in favour of Carlisle correct.

4. Positioning/ Fitness : 4/5. No problems.

5. Any Other Comments :

A very poor referee. He wasn't biased but got major decisions wrong.

Nobody has any idea why the penalty was given. The Pools fans have no idea. It just wasn't a penalty.

The not given penalty was almost as much a stick on as Davies' at Carlisle. Absolute certainty.

McDonald. Got done for diving. An absolute disgrace considering his positioning Had his legs swiped. Can't think where the ref was looking.

The fourth goal. Definate foul on Bertrand. I'll put this down to the lino as he was nearer.

if you wanna know why the penalty was given please see diegos posting on gregan

Edited by neiladamsheadband

A complete homer who gave every meaningful decision to Hartlepool. Gregan and co played under basket-ball rules and any contact whatsoever with a Hartlepool player was punished by a free kick. Hartlepool however were allowed to push and foul without being penalised.

To cap it all, the penalty was a complete joke. I thought so at the time and I have watched it several times since.

I agree that he was a complete homer and that Hartlepool got away with loads of offences and bookings. However, I'm amazed that, after watching the penalty several times, you still think it was not a foul by Gregan. The ball was in the air, Gregan looked at their player, made no attempt to jump and then stuck his arse in their player while he was in the air.

If that had happened to one of our players, surely you would have been joining me in screaming for a penalty!

I'm amazed that, after watching the penalty several times, you still think it was not a foul by Gregan. The ball was in the air, Gregan looked at their player, made no attempt to jump and then stuck his arse in their player while he was in the air.

If that had happened to one of our players, surely you would have been joining me in screaming for a penalty!

Couldn't disagree more Diego. Gregan saw the player flying at him and took evasive action thinking (quite rightly) that the ref would be consistent and charge the attacker with GBH. Unfortunately, the levels of consistency were inconsistent depending on the team's colours. :)

It was the Carlisle decision in reverse and if anything, was far more of a foul on Gregan than Thompson's ever was on that tart from Cumbria.

I would have still been laughing now if Saturday's pen was given to us. I would never have had the gall to shout for it either.

The fact the ref "missed" the stone-waller for Hartlepool in the second half said it all for me. He knew he was wrong and was trying to even the balance.

Couldn't disagree more Diego. Gregan saw the player flying at him and took evasive action thinking (quite rightly) that the ref would be consistent and charge the attacker with GBH. Unfortunately, the levels of consistency were inconsistent depending on the team's colours. :)

It was the Carlisle decision in reverse and if anything, was far more of a foul on Gregan than Thompson's ever was on that tart from Cumbria.

I would have still been laughing now if Saturday's pen was given to us. I would never have had the gall to shout for it either.

The fact the ref "missed" the stone-waller for Hartlepool in the second half said it all for me. He knew he was wrong and was trying to even the balance.

The player wasn't flying at Gregan, he was starting to jump for a dropping ball. I agree that the Carlisle penalty was an injustice but it was nothing like Saturday's incident - even Bigfin thought that was a penalty, and he's never wrong! :grin:

The player wasn't flying at Gregan, he was starting to jump for a dropping ball. I agree that the Carlisle penalty was an injustice but it was nothing like Saturday's incident - even Bigfin thought that was a penalty, and he's never wrong! :grin:

It's the fact Bigfin agrees with you which makes me know that I'm right! :)