dont blame shez

blame the players! shez can only do so much and then its down to the players. i no it wont be long until some people call for sheridans head because thats what oldham fans are like and i think its stupid.

sheridan is a legand at oldham and deserves more of a chance in management with us than other managers.

oldham fans are too ambitious. there are alot of good teams in this league this season and it will be alot tougher than last season. i no it is frustrating watching games like that and i was very frustrated myself but if you are going to call somebody call the players not sheridan.

its about time we had a manager here for long than 1-2 seasons we need stability and then push forward and shez will bring us that if he gets the chance.

last season we started poor and look where we finished and this season could be the same we just need another win to get the players confidence back.

our defence are too poor for my likin although the new lad was good.

we dont spend enough to get success like other teams do.

i no its nice to be ambitious but were too ambitious and its anoyin. sheridan is doing all he can do to be a good manager and bring success.

blame the players! shez can only do so much and then its down to the players. i no it wont be long until some people call for sheridans head because thats what oldham fans are like and i think its stupid.

sheridan is a legand at oldham and deserves more of a chance in management with us than other managers.

oldham fans are too ambitious. there are alot of good teams in this league this season and it will be alot tougher than last season. i no it is frustrating watching games like that and i was very frustrated myself but if you are going to call somebody call the players not sheridan.

its about time we had a manager here for long than 1-2 seasons we need stability and then push forward and shez will bring us that if he gets the chance.

last season we started poor and look where we finished and this season could be the same we just need another win to get the players confidence back.

our defence are too poor for my likin although the new lad was good.

we dont spend enough to get success like other teams do.

i no its nice to be ambitious but were too ambitious and its anoyin. sheridan is doing all he can do to be a good manager and bring success.

Stop kidding yourself.

I, out of everyone on here, am probably one of the biggest pro-Shez supporters on here, but it's time we stopped treating him like he's done nothing wrong.

Yes, I definatly think he can turn it around, but i can't stick up for that performance and those tactics today.

How about blaming no-one and just support the team and the manager. Yes today was poor, worst game in ages. Were bottom on the league - things can only get better!! We have quality, experienced players at the club in Liddell, Gregan, Ricketts, Hughes and loads of fantastic young players with bagfuls of potential in Taylor, Lomax, Eardley, Kilkenny, Davies, Eardley, Smalley, Alessandra, Pearson, Wolfenden to name just a few. Shez and the lads will turn things round, maybe not straight away but they will. I doubt we'll get promoted but if we can keep the squad together and then bring in a few key signings in the summer we can form a decent promotion challenge

Sorry he has to shoulder some of the blame for this not all of it the players should shoulder it aswell. But Shez has picked the team and signed the players. In fact the only Ronnie Moore signing on the pitch was Andy Liddell so we can't use that excuse.

The last three gtames Ive seen have all been 1-0 defeats where we have gone behind and have not shown the nouse or nastiness to break a team down. I think alot of this comes from the midfield we are note creating anything McDonald was anonimous Allot played a few sideways passes but needs to be brave and try something different.

I'm for sacking shez yet but we HAVE to get better as supporters patience is starting to wear thin

I don't think Shez is totally to blame but I also think he has made some mistakes. Today Ricketts should have started for me we had nodoy holding it up. Secondly the underperformers should be dropped. Get some of the youngsters in to give some of the egos a kick up the backside. We can't afford to be carrying players when we aren't playing well as a team.

For me our problems are all about lack of movement. We have players with enough technical ability to do well in this division, we have strikers making good runs and asking for the ball, what we don't have is movement in midfield and until Eardley came on, from the full backs. The midfield give the ball and just watch it. They never look for a one - two or even make a run to create space for others and pull the defence around a bit. They are static and are making the job of breaking down the opposition almost impossible. They are also miles away from the Strikers 90% of the times. They aren't looking to find the gaps beyond the opposition midfield, they are just sitting in front our back 4 and playing simple passes outwide and immediately believing that their job is done. It's nowhere near good enough. Murray was a master of finding space in the midfield and making driving runs into space when the ball went wide or into the strikers feet. McDonald looked like he could fill that role to an extent when he first arrived. What has happened to him? No confidence perhaps? We need a midfield who want the ball and are happy to go looking for it. When Kilkenny players you can see him all the time asking for the ball, pointing where he wants it, moving between opposition players through gaps. It isn't hard, it's just basic positional awareness and the way that Professional footballers should be thinking.

The attitudes of some players need to change.

Cheer up you miserable sods.... It could be worse you could have lost your job and be about to lose your house!

As much as I love the Latics certain things have been put into perspective by my recent predicament!!!

:disappointed:

too ambitious???

sorry mate but how many times have we been told since end of last season that we are building a squad for the sole purpose of promotion,by shez,the players,the board everybody.

if you dont have ambitions then why the hell bother in the first place.

the owners wont give him anymore money,so im sorry but he has used what money he has had unwisely.

the only other problem is pogs was dropped for not performing,so why isnt crossley being dropped,hes the last line of defence after all.

and before i get pulverised for being pessimistic,im far from that,im just a realist.

sorry to hear about that mate.

Whilst it is early in the season i cant avoid becoming a bit concerned about the MANNER of the defeats.

IMO Something is up in the dressing room,doesnt seem to be much confidence or positive vibes coming from the players and JS has made some poor signings in retrospect,thompson crossley are terrible and are not good enough,liddell is well past his best and allott is obviously of italian stock(only goes backwards).Taylor thinks hes better than he is(akthough he was one of the better players today),and hughes needs a lot of time.Ricketts has been playing like he has ricketts and well,thats half the team!!!!

I have a feeling JS maybe losing the dressing room

Guest oa_exile
too ambitious???

sorry mate but how many times have we been told since end of last season that we are building a squad for the sole purpose of promotion,by shez,the players,the board everybody.

if you dont have ambitions then why the hell bother in the first place.

the owners wont give him anymore money,so im sorry but he has used what money he has had unwisely.

the only other problem is pogs was dropped for not performing,so why isnt crossley being dropped,hes the last line of defence after all.

and before i get pulverised for being pessimistic,im far from that,im just a realist.

Sorry Ed but Crossley cannot be blamed for todays performance the lad had nowt to do.

Shez has brought in the replacement players and its down to him to get the best out of them , after all he is the man in charge.

The fact that players are being played out of position isn't helping.

Thompson at right back? When we have a perfectly capable right back in Eardley on the bench.. can't have been because Neal was tired, as he was sat on his arse in the stands for Wales game against Slovakia.

Too much hoof, not enough creativity.

[quoteSorry Ed but Crossley cannot be blamed for todays performance the lad had nowt to do.

Shez has brought in the replacement players and its down to him to get the best out of them , after all he is the man in charge.

didnt say i blamed him for today did i???

just merely pointing out that he is too old and should be used more in a coaching capacity and used as a sub,with pogs being number 1

today he only had one shot to save,and he didnt did he.

all i saw was him shouting at them, he wants them to do well but motivating them by shouting your F**king S**t infront of 5000 people ant helping and shouting at tompson why the F**K dod i sign you well i give him 2 more games in my opinion and if no change hes gone for me

all i saw was him shouting at them, he wants them to do well but motivating them by shouting your F**king S**t infront of 5000 people ant helping and shouting at tompson why the F**K dod i sign you well i give him 2 more games in my opinion and if no change hes gone for me

If he was actually shouting those words then my fears are confirmed.THAT IS NOT THE WAY to get players performing,if this is true i'd say get rid SHARPISH

i think get some one else in fast while theres chance to turn the season round, we do have a good squad i just dont think he can motivate them players

Hmmm well while i think JS was an oustanding player i have serious reservations about his man management skills.(And after some of his signings i have doubts about his judgement of a player).

If these accusations are true then im afraid 'Houston,we have a problem'.(And a ten strorey one at that)

Cheer up you miserable sods.... It could be worse you could have lost your job and be about to lose your house!

As much as I love the Latics certain things have been put into perspective by my recent predicament!!!

:disappointed:

My mortgage is with northern rock but we are stil s**t

My mortgage is with northern rock but we are stil s**t

I dont think we are :censored: but i do think we have signed some very mediocre players and i also think the dressing room is not a happy one,yes they players are underperforming but i think there are reasons and they rest fairly and squarely with the manager.I'll give it a month and if things have not drastically improved he'll get the elbow.watch this space

I dont think we are :censored: but i do think we have signed some very mediocre players and i also think the dressing room is not a happy one,yes they players are underperforming but i think there are reasons and they rest fairly and squarely with the manager.I'll give it a month and if things have not drastically improved he'll get the elbow.watch this space

i think you may find gregan and crossley are the problems in the dressing room.

gregan more than likely as he comes across as being the big i am,and i think shez has his hands full with that.plus the younger players will be too scared to say anything to him as i imagine he can be very overbearing.

i may also be talking hornswaddle,but something aint right in there.

a month your nice 2 games at the most i dont think the players are bad there just under motivated and has not geled to gether yet we need a creative mid like wellens was gary mac was awful also there was no need to have all them defenders on when there down to 10 and not attacking and we can still use a sub but another worry is who would replace him and who would want to manage a team bottem of L1

a month your nice 2 games at the most i dont think the players are bad there just under motivated and has not geled to gether yet we need a creative mid like wellens was gary mac was awful also there was no need to have all them defenders on when there down to 10 and not attacking and we can still use a sub but another worry is who would replace him and who would want to manage a team bottem of L1

you seem to have made your mind up he isnt man enough for the job,or cant motivate the squad.

so you tell us who you want to turn it round then,i dont think changing managers this early is justified,unless the 3a's are not happy,if were still struggling by christmas and he still cant motivate them then yes,change it.

I get the feeling a few people dont like blaming Shez or being critical of anything he does, purely because of who he is and what he's done at the club in his many years here. When post after post, week after week we are churning out the same things/comments and nothing changes the following match. Then questions rightfully need to be asked of him/his tactics and everything he does. That is what managers should come to expect and i'm sure Shez himself is wondering how he can change things around.

No one is saying Shez Out and demanding he be sacked with immediate effect. Just that everyone can see things arent working and change is needed. Be it tactics, or personel on the pitch.

It is hypocritical to slate Ronnie Moore as we (a vast majority) did, and not Shez - when the similarities to what Shez is serving to us at the moment is pretty much spot on to that of "Uncle Kn*bhead.....I mean Ronnie.".

Hoof Ball. Boring Football. Ineffective, No plan B. etc, etc.

How about blaming no-one and just support the team and the manager. Yes today was poor, worst game in ages. Were bottom on the league - things can only get better!!

We need somebody to blame, its the Oldham way!!!

Hmmm well while i think JS was an oustanding player i have serious reservations about his man management skills.

He was much more than an outstanding player. He is a legend.