lancashire la la la

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about 10 miles away, having decided to come into work after seeing the forecast. It's totally grey outside and walking in it was one of those days where you half suspect it's going to piss down at any moment, but no rain so far. It's also a bit colder than you'd want to be playing in. I reckon there will be a fair bit of play, you'd certainly want to win the toss and field on a day like this.

Just looked out my window. It's cold and overcast, but not raining. Mrs. Tulsehill tells me that it didn't rain overnight, so they should be starting on time.

You really should let her in the house at night now that the weather is starting to turn. :)

Anyway, Come on Lanky!

:lanky: :lanky: :lanky: :lanky: :lanky:

:redrose: :redrose: :redrose: :redrose: :redrose: :redrose: :redrose: :redrose:

Just missed an easy run out chance which would have got rid of Ramprakash. Hopefully we won't regret that! :angry:

Also just heard that Saqlain is out of the Sussex match! :)

Ramprakakash is soooooo the key man for them. Oh, and speaking of :angry: , Mr Tulsehill just texted me to say how much he loves his job

Guest oa_exile
Jack Simmonds :redrose::imnotworthy: just arrived at the ground, just before lunch

Who's he ? i remember "Flat Jack" Simmons without the "d" ^_^

If your going to mention a Legend then get his name right :wink:

Guest oa_exile

"Flat Jack" Simmons without the "d" (1968-89)

The career of Jack Simmons gives hope to every club cricketer. A journeyman professional in the Lancashire leagues, he made his fi rst-class debut in 1968 at 27 and thereafter scarcely missed a match - or meal - for over 20 years. His nickname 'Flat Jack' rather diminishes the effect of his tidy offspin and legendary tales of his consumption of fish and chips should not obscure his great contribution to Lancashire cricket, though it is a signifi cant part of his appeal as a folk hero. He made vital runs in the lower order, often in partnership with his fellow spinner David Hughes, and it was from his bowling that Jack Bond took the famous catch to dismiss Asif Iqbal to win the 1971 Gillette Cup when a Kent victory looked inevitable. He made a huge impact as the overseas star of Tasmania and is currently chairman of Lancashire.