Any Baseball fans about?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicago swept. Arizona* through.

*If only this was NFL I'd be joyeous.

Yeah...got to say, that out to be a) pretty much expected even though unwanted and b.) a bit of a mismatch. Oh well, well done the Cubs for getting this far. Next up...come on the Rockies!!!

well done the Cubs for getting this far.

Can't think I can possibly agrre with that :angry:

I can't think Colarado won't see off the Phillies, but Arizona will be a much sterner test.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Can't think I can possibly agrre with that :angry:

I can't think Colarado won't see off the Phillies, but Arizona will be a much sterner test.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Lol...yeah, I guess ya can't, but from a neutral on that one, just felt it was worth a mention :wink:

Delay in the Rockies game....grrrr.....it's late as it is!

EDIT: Was only a short one...lol...back on...middle of 2nd and 0-0

Edited by boundaryblue80

Yes, yes, yes....surely that's the winning run...Rockies score a vital run in the bottom of the 8th (2 out) to take a 2-1 lead....gotta hold on for the clean sheet now fellas!!!

17 from 18 coming up??? What a run!!!

EDIT: What a win....the Rockies complete the sweep!!! Only concern over momentum now is the fact the sweep means they won't play now until Thursday. But I suppose that's the same for Arizona with their sweep. 17 from 18 though...they must just wanna keep playing every day at this rate. Interesting that the Rockies and Arizona met in the last series before the end of the normal season (when Colorado had to win to catch San Diego and force that playoff.) They won that series 2-1 at home...hopefully they've got the psychological edge already :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Come on Cleveland.

Taken me ages to find a live link tonight....interesting scores though....caught up with the game with the Indians 6-1....and now the Yankees keep chip, chipping away at the lead. 6-3 now in the bottom of the 7th with 2 out...it's tight and tense :grin:

Taken me ages to find a live link tonight....interesting scores though....caught up with the game with the Indians 6-1....and now the Yankees keep chip, chipping away at the lead. 6-3 now in the bottom of the 7th with 2 out...it's tight and tense :grin:

Aahhhhhhhhhhnd, relax.

Yankees out now. Don't give a :censored: who wins it now (although I'd still prefer Boston, so I guess I do to a small extent).

Went to a Chicago White Sox game in the summer so I kind of support them and my boy Bobby Jenks. Even though I found very very boring. The summer college games are so much better, go Madison Mallards

I also have the sports illustrated of when Barry Bonds equalled the Home run record. Hopefully that'll be worth a bit in time to come

Went to a Chicago White Sox game in the summer so I kind of support them and my boy Bobby Jenks. Even though I found very very boring. The summer college games are so much better, go Madison Mallards

I also have the sports illustrated of when Barry Bonds equalled the Home run record. Hopefully that'll be worth a bit in time to come

I can understand it being one of them sports (and I hate saying this, as I love live sports etc) that just ain't the same being there to watch. I mean, for example, from up in a stand 100mtrs away, how the hell can you see the K-zone and everything going on....or do they play it live on the screens too at the same time? Like F1 etc. some sports are far better on TV. Only some though.

Aahhhhhhhhhhnd, relax.

Yankees out now. Don't give a :censored: who wins it now (although I'd still prefer Boston, so I guess I do to a small extent).

Yeah.....ta, ta to the Red Scum of baseball!!! Hehe...would've been interesting had NYY's foul ball with 2 out had gone for a home run (as I thought it was going to). That would've made it 6-5 and tenterhooks to the end.....as it was, well done to Cleveland for seeing them off. Impressed....the division final will be interesting...and I'm kinda torn....warmed to the Indians with how they saw off the Yankees. Plus, wanting Colorado to win the WS, I think Cleveland would be the easier opponent.

Anyway...for any new thread readers...here's ya line up....

National League Division Final - Colorado at Arizona

American League Division Final - Cleveland at Boston

I can understand it being one of them sports (and I hate saying this, as I love live sports etc) that just ain't the same being there to watch. I mean, for example, from up in a stand 100mtrs away, how the hell can you see the K-zone and everything going on....or do they play it live on the screens too at the same time? Like F1 etc. some sports are far better on TV. Only some though.

as you've got the bug I can only say that you'll love it at a live game. Get the best seats you can/want to afford and you'll see plenty. A cheaper option is to go high up but behind homeplate. Only once have I thought that I'd be better off watching on tv and that was in SF and I was as far as possible to be from homeplate and it was a real pitching duel, it was frustrating not really getting a proper feel for it. Plus I was surrounded by a load of w*nker Cardinal fans (sorry Sheridan! :wink: )

Plus actually being there you see a lot more of the general play - on tv you only see one small part, you cant see all the bases, all the players until the director choses to do so.

Get yourself booked in for next summer.

as you've got the bug I can only say that you'll love it at a live game. Get the best seats you can/want to afford and you'll see plenty. A cheaper option is to go high up but behind homeplate. Only once have I thought that I'd be better off watching on tv and that was in SF and I was as far as possible to be from homeplate and it was a real pitching duel, it was frustrating not really getting a proper feel for it. Plus I was surrounded by a load of w*nker Cardinal fans (sorry Sheridan! :wink: )

Plus actually being there you see a lot more of the general play - on tv you only see one small part, you cant see all the bases, all the players until the director choses to do so.

Get yourself booked in for next summer.

Don't worry about it. We're one of few teams that will have enough fans in an away stadium to be a nuisance (plus being the most knowledgeable fans :mmm: must wind people up).

I can understand the lad finding it boring going to watch the White Sox, you get more atmosphere in your front room. If ever a team represented Wigan, nice stadium - no fans, they are it.

Again I'll say it, if you watch baseball live you can get utterly battered without leaving your seat. How that can not be good I do not know*.

*Well, except the bit where you get lost walking back from Anaheim in the middle of the night and 'amble' onto a Mexican estate.

AND the next game I went to was in Denver between the Rockies and Reds and there was a complete arse of a woman behind me who turned out to be a ...........................Cardinals fan! I'm telling you Sheridan, you're the best of a bad bunch :wink:

I've been to the White Sox and quite enjoyed it actually. The ushers were rude as hell but I found that a lot of people in Chicago were. The footlong Polish hotdog was the mutts nuts and the crowd was well up for it (it was a half price night and there was a fair amount of inebriation in the stands). Just dont overshoot on the way out and go past the tube station or you might end up in a place you dont want to go!

Your Anaheim experience probably took years off you!

AND the next game I went to was in Denver between the Rockies and Reds and there was a complete arse of a woman behind me who turned out to be a ...........................Cardinals fan! I'm telling you Sheridan, you're the best of a bad bunch :wink:

I've been to the White Sox and quite enjoyed it actually. The ushers were rude as hell but I found that a lot of people in Chicago were. The footlong Polish hotdog was the mutts nuts and the crowd was well up for it (it was a half price night and there was a fair amount of inebriation in the stands). Just dont overshoot on the way out and go past the tube station or you might end up in a place you dont want to go!

Your Anaheim experience probably took years off you!

Stunned and amazed. Well not really.

You get some in most places. My brother kept on getting narked at St Louis, when some young ladies directly behind him were having a conversation in "Oh my god, Really! No way" mode. For about two hours.

The one I found a bit odd was San Diego, where they seemed a bit slow on the uptake. Must be something to do with being an expansion team (God knows what they'd be like in Arizona and Tampa if that's the case). Plus St Louis got pasted, I had sun burn on one side of my legs from walking to the stadium, and it was daytime and I wasn't drunk yet.

Chicago, if you were getting annoyed you could move to one of the other 35,000 free seats.

You're probably right Shiny....until you go an watch a sport for itself, I defy anyone to write if off. Not that I would write off Baseball as I would love to catch a game, just not sure what to expect. Probably best, as that usually means you enjoy it a lot more. Unfortunately, next summer my plans are for a trip to Frankfurt (fingers crossed) and then a trip to the Euros. Last year to the WC was the best holiday I've ever been on....so hoping the Euros will be just as good. Mindya, we have to get there first!

Forgot to add....well done to Colorado again for last night! 18 wins in 19 now.....

Was quite interesting in the 7th as an Arizona runner took out 2nd base who was about to complete a double play before being sent flying in the air. Umpires ruled in favour of the double play and Arizona fans went mental, throwing bottles of water etc. The Rockies took their team off...but coolly came back out for a nice 5-1 win. Got to say....it's making me money too. Had about 10 postseason bets so far and won every single one of them. Last night went for under 9.5 runs in the game.....all good fun. Still wishing I'd taken that 20-1 on Colorado for the WS though....won with 5 singles last night and their bullpen is awesome. That's got to show how serious they are for WS contention.

here are the latest ticket prices (stubhub is the official reseller for mlb, once a game sells out this is your option):

http://www.stubhub.com/mlb-playoff-tickets/

I am currently on a long long term saving drive for a trip to see the Mets play in the World Series. If they get there in the next few years though I've got f's chance of going but one day, one day!

Absolutely phenomenal achievement!!! WELL DONE THE ROCKIES!!!

Completed a clean sweep with a 6-4 victory in game 4! Superb.....(and more money in my account :wink:).....part of me wants them to face the Red Sox in the WS.....and beat them! But as the Indians have shown, they'll be a great side to face too....if they knock home their 2-1 lead.

Got to say though, NY Mets will always be my first team, but the Rockies I've really got a massive soft spot for them now. 20 wins in 21.....the way they fought like mad to get into post season and now 7-0 in them. Togetherness.....well drilled.....and even when they've been down in games, they've dug out the win. And the irony....the only side to beat them in the 21 games....Arizona.....gets put to bed in style!

I just hope the Rockies don't do what the Houston Astros did in 2005......the Astros were absolutely flying and looked very much like the Rockies are now....they swept their Division Series with a 4-0 win over the Braves but after an 8 day lay off, the side came back looking a shadow of themselves. The intensity just seemed to have evaporated into thin air and the Chicago White Sox ceased this and then swept them in the WS. I really, really hope Colorado don't look back at what they've achieved now....but look forward at what they might do! And leave me cursing that missed, 18/1 bet I fancied but never took :grin:

EDIT: Just looking back....my comment here made me laugh...not far off where the WS is heading, as it stands...

Sep 29 2007, 00:34 AM Post #3

If the Mets don't do owt, the run Colorado on makes me want to see them take on the big boys and beat them. Mind you, as I say, with Clevelands record, they've got a good shout.

Edited by boundaryblue80